Recurve slingbow

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by PickleForker, Feb 8, 2014.

1. PickleForker

PickleForker New Member

I see every one who makes just a standard slingbow.. Nothing fancy. I was thinking while watching one of your slingbow videos, slingshots are becoming a dying art just like the recurve bow. So let's combine both worlds

-PickleForker

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I would argue the opposite to be honest

3. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

This forum is still growing and there are other people than Antraxx & LW that make great slingshots.

4. rinion

rinion New Member

Slingshots are favoured by a fair chunk of the population. The tech and innovation has come a long way. A dying art,no. A specialty ,absolutely.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I think the opposite is true. When I started (about six years ago), slingshots were pretty dead. Now look at what happened!

The number of commercial makers has tripled. The number of people making slingshots as a hobby has exploded. Two major forums and several smaller ones. Lots of videos.

The slingshot is booming, that is the only word that matches.

6. Haecksler

Haecksler Naturalist

Back to topic ;)
    The main advantage of a recurve bow instead of a long bow is that the shock of the shot is cushioned. At a slingbow there's no sensefull possibility to let the throwing arms move when shooting, so there's no need to cushion the shot. Propably the design will be cooler, but there's no technical need for...

Greetings, Haecksler!