recommendations.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Warrior2014, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

Hello, a newbie and his O/H posting here. We are interested in getting a slingshot for fun to use together, only for plinking/target.

We are based in the U.K, and are willing to spend a little more if quality is a concern. My maximum will really be around £50, is there anything we could get to use for fun in this price range?

Please go easy if this has been asked a thousand times, were new :).

Thanks in advance, Conan And Cheyenne.

2. LW

LW New Member

“Gamekeeper John” Search him on ebay or YouTube, he is located in the UK handmade Catapults complete with Bands for about 20 £.

Or look here:
    [COLOR="Blue"]http://www.the-slingshotchannel-store.com/store/rambone/rambone-flatbands/[/COLOR]

and here:
    [COLOR="Blue"]http://www.the-slingshotchannel-store.com/store/scout/[/COLOR]

both very good slingshots for beginners and experts. If you chose the Scout I would recommend the scout with flip clips much easier for beginners to attach bands or tubing.

Have fun, but safety first.

3. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

Thank you LW, I shall have a look. The only so called 'powerful' slingshots I have experience with are the classic black widow and similar types when I was younger, but I guess these are not all that?
    I will be sharing usage with Cheyenne, so something beginner friendly will be good.

Also, I understand safety first as I fire Air rifles, I gather similar safety rules apply to slingshots?

Thanks again, Conan And Cheyenne.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

LW has given you very good advice, listen to him.

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Yup, LW knows what he is talking about. On the subject of Black Widows, if you are used to shooting them then consider a Rambone. Same grip style as a Barnett but on a different level for comfort and power. Love mine :)

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Great advice already on various models as already noted.

As to your safety question, yes, if you give the same consideration to your slingshot shooting as you do to air rifles, you'll do fine. Eye protection, definitely, hand protection, optional - a glove isn't a bad idea when you're starting out in case you get hand strikes. Don't shoot hard ammo like steel against a solid target like stone or brick to help avoid ricochets. Be certain you have a safe backdrop for your target as well in case you miss and that shot keeps going. Never aim or point a loaded slingshot at another person - seems obvious, but that pouch can slip from your fingers and let the ammo fly.

7. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Milbro castings come out of the uk also, I bought an aluminum had howitzer for them for around £45

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Rambone and Scout are good recommendations for beginners to grow their skill with. Conversely, you could always make a slingshot with your youngster as a bonding experience.

9. Quincy

Quincy New Member

You should get a scout slingshot from simple shot I have one and it is awesome

10. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I'm all about recommending the scout! Great starter slingshot. :)

11. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

That would be good If I had a youngster, but me and the O/H have no plans yet, we are 23 and 20, feel a bit too young at the moment. But she enjoys things like that, so we could always try to make one! If we do I shall post pictures :).

12. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I was around that age when I had my first child (I was married 1.5 years by that time). Age shouldn't be the end all when deciding to have kids, maturity plays a part and being ready does too.
    ANYWAY, I hope you guys can find a fun slingshot to share. It seems like the scout would be the way to go until you guys figure out what grip you are both comfortable with (or a similar model that can accommodate to several grips).