Recommendations for a second catapult.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by nairb, Jun 23, 2013.

1. nairb

nairb New Member

After following this forum I bought myself a Dankung Cougar. Very happy with it, and, right up to the stage i swapped from tubes to flats, i was getting reasonably accurate. I have left it at our place in Spain - prickly pear make great targets and I'm now after suggestions for a second catapult to use here.

As I'm still on the cusp between flats and tubes, so something that can use both would be good, ideally no bigger than the Cougar. Joerg's Panther would seem an obvious choice, but the finger support "spikes" make it look a bit tactical for my taste.

At this stage, not too keen on naturals and I have been shooting with a hammer grip

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

After i saw all these amazing home made slingshots i thought i would go to the next level so i bought the barnett black widow it has tube rubber it is accurate and has and extremely useful arm brase. I have learnt the art of shooting a slingshot pretty quickly so i would recommend buying one of these. They are 13 uk pounds and extremely durable.

I hope you buy one !!!

A fellow slingshotter

3. nairb

nairb New Member

Hi Doom thanks for the suggestion, but without being a slingshot snob, I think I would regard a Barnett as a step down from the Joerg designed Cougar.

4. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

5. nairb

nairb New Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys, in the end I went for a Pocket Poacher 2 from Milbro, only available in bronze, so should look good, but I think I would have preferred it in Ali.

6. It's brass no bronze!

Joe