The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a hammer grip TTF. I tried support / pinch grip TTF with the PPMG but am getting occasional hand hits. Therefore I think I will stick to hammer grip, but the PPMG has too small a grip to shoot it hammer grip. Can anyone recommend a good hammer grip TTF?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my OTT it seems to not be possibe to aim over the bands. When Aligning the bands to target I will miss to the right, with the TTF I can do that; and I prefer to aim like that rather than aim intuitively --- I already do that in archery, with slingshots I want a change from that.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
What you are looking for. Something to build or to buy ?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
You get a very nice Hammergrip frame from Pocketpredator.com .

Attachments

Reactions: Albeja

·
1,543 Posts
You get a very nice Hammergrip frame from Pocketpredator.com .
The mass production model is called the Tac Hammer
Same grip, but slightly different forktips... straight tips in this case.

and also the SERE

Last but not least the PPMG from Gamekeeper John

Technically not a hammergrip though :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. I knwo by now that you keep trying to sell others your style and technique -.~ As I said, I do intuitive archery and want a change from that.

@Knallfrosch, deraNdy:

The Tac Hammer looks kind of like what I had in mind, but the fork looks kind of narrow and flat to me... like a fork hit magnet. I also read comments under Bill Hayes YT videos that complained about his customer service. He also does not seem to sell the proto hammer.

What do you think of the "Scout" slingshot. The fork looks pretty high and therefore not fork hit prone to me. Is it a good hammer grip shooter though? Might produce some serious leverage with the high fork plus the finger and thumb pad region when shooting it hammer grip.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well the Scout is a good allrounder, but if you wgant to shoit hammergrip only,its not the right one for you.
Are you from Germany ? If it is so you may get Help from a Video i make about different releases.
The main reason for Forkhits, are a bad release. Find a position that allows a relaxed release, and the forkhits
are history....[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4jKh44aAHc[/ame]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, never seen the pre-tiwsted thing before. I will also give the reverse grip a try, with the back of he hand towards the shooter and the palm facing outwards; that might be the easiest fix. In your video it is not entirely clear however, if the pre-release is a necessary component to the rest of the techniques or if they can just as well be done with a straight thumb.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I learned the pretwisted pouch from MasterArturo. It only make sense with OTF.
The pre release is only for a stronger Grap during stretching the Bands.
Make a foto of your shooting position. maybe i can help you for a better shooting position....

·
Banned
685 Posts
Yea. I knwo by now that you keep trying to sell others your style and technique -.~ As I said, I do intuitive archery and want a change from that.
I just dont want peopel think it woud be usfull to build sights for Slingshots :D The Pocketpredator sights looks usfull but a red dot sight or laserpionter...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do sights have to do with aiming over the bands? Also surely sight can be done to work porperly, it is just kinda weird on a slingshot.

I learned the pretwisted pouch from MasterArturo. It only make sense with OTF.
Why is that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like a bow, actually :p Every aspect of archery technique that can be applied to slingshots I do apply. Primarly back tension, reflexless release and follow through.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
@ Namenloser Held
was meinst du eigentlich immer mit foot Work? Das doch kein Tanz, oder ein kickbox fight. Man steht Seitlich zum Ziel...thats it...
@Benutzer 42
ich Schieße die Bänder am liebsten unverdreht.
Und bei TTF kannste halt nicht pre twisten...

·
Banned
685 Posts
Musst mal mit dem hinteren Fuß rumspielen. Sobald du ihn nur 1 mm bewegst geht der Schuss Spiegel verkehrt um mindestens das doppelte daneben. Was ich ich mit Sicherheit weiß ist das der Hinterfuß die Richtung des Schusses bestimmt. Bin aber noch am Forschen deswegen würde ich gern sehn wie die Bogen Leute das machen. Und wieso schreiben wir auf einmal in Deutsch :D

Btw pre-twisted? That thing jörg does?

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Pre-twisted as pre-twisted as Arturo does as he already stated.

Andy: please shoot a bottle cap at 10m sitting on a chair with both feet up in the air. Just for me! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts