Rambone: Two ways to attach Trumark bands

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JoergS, Jan 12, 2014.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

OK, lots of people want to use Trumark bands, as those are widely available pretty much everywhere.

There are two obvious ways:

1. Over the top, just as you would attach flat bands - yes, it works, and yes, it holds.

2. "Gipsy style" - a bit of paracord, tied through the hole, with a knot about 1,5 cm away from the fork. Then you use the "knot in tube" method to secure the rubber to the paracord.

Attached Files:

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Just wondering what your opinions on the 'ball in tube' attachment were? Im surprised no one has tried this with the Rambone yet, maybe with a tie in front of the ball.

I must admit, the first time I used a slingshot with that attachment I was so conscious of the band attachment I couldn't concentrate on shooting because I was so worried of it letting go! Not used it since!

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I am not a fan of the ball in tube method... wrong rubber end, from the perspective of the shooter, if you know what I mean.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I've used it on a couple of slingshots and have yet to have an issue. But all it takes is one letting go to sour you on them for life.

My favorite shooter is ball in tube on the far end, literally being a wooden ball shoved into the tube. So I drilled the hole it passes through, reamed it carefully with a knife and sanded it smooth. So far its held, it does help that it came with thin rubber "wear tubes" on the balls.

As this came "as is" with no packaging from the second hand store I can't even say for sure what it is, much less who makes it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, Daisy used to sell a ball-in-tube line of slingshots... until 2006.

A 12 year old kid lost an eye, a 16 year old boy almost so, and an 11 year old lost three teeth.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2006...ufacturing-Due-to-Risk-of-Serious-Eye-Injury/

Enough said.

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Yup, that says it all I guess!

7. Longwei2012

Longwei2012 New Member

Surely it would help lowering the risks when wearing this paintball mask.
    ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389575975.177316.jpg
    Edit; i must have this mask even while using flipclips or no slingshot at all. I can imagine waking my son up with a mask like this

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014