Rambone - first custom!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, Oct 18, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I also received some Rambone samples from the mould in 40% (high) glass fiber quality. This is super super solid - but looks a bit ugly, the surface is kind of uneven. I don't think the mass production run will be made from that material mix.

However, I modified this one - removed parts of the handle and attached scales made from two-color apple wood Tobias sent me a few months ago!

Really nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

Joerg, that's sweet! I have a sweet spot for apple wood. I like it!

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That looks really nice Joerg - especially with the applewood scales. It's certainly a step in the right direction, and I really like the Rambone design. I would agree that when it gets to the production level you should expect a slightly finer finish, but other than that, it looks really nice. It's got to be exciting to see your creation come to life in this way.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I totally dig it.

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

6. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

turned out nice

7. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Looks really cool.
    I´m personally not a big fan of that "extra" Lanyardhole thingy since i would always prefer a hole in the handle, but this addition is very clever indeed: If you want no hole at all, you can just saw it off (like i would do) and still got a clean handle. And when you want the hole in the handle you can drill one yourself anytime.

8. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

nice one and really nice handle

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Antraxx, my thinking exactly. The saw lines are actually already moulded in, it is very easy to get rid of it.

10. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Some may call it ugly, I call it unique. :)
    I have the feeling that the moorhammer will soon become extinct and will be replaced by the rambone.

P.S What do you think, will the moorhammer "survive" the rambone-invasion?

11. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Looks cool does anyone have the template for the rambone?

Are you making your own shop if I understand it correctly

J

12. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

The Rambone is just a super shooter. The handle is even better than the Moorhammer one, it is more flexible regarding bands, the fork arms are better (band attachment is easier), it has a lanyard hole built in, it is virtually unbreakable and and and. It clearly is the best slingshot design I ever made.

And it will cost under 20 Euros complete with a bandset.

Go figure.

13. Basmyr

Basmyr (Male!) Nurse

As i have read in another Posting, Jörg said that the Rambone is an advancement of the Moorhammer. But how and why? What is better in particular?

- Never mind. 3 Minutes too late. Thanks Jörg ;)

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I have given a friend of mine my permission to sell it and also allowed him to call his shop "The Slingshot Channel Store".

In exchange he had to

- agree that the templates are to be published and used (for non commercial purposes)

- agree that the .stl files are to be published so people with 3D printers can make their own Rambone (non commercially of course)

- agree to keep the starting price under 20 Euros.

He also had to cough up the money for the injection moulding tool ($$$$), the only way to make a slingshot with a depth like the Rambone at affordable cost.

This means that I still very much encourage people to make their own Rambones, but for those who can't or don't want to, there is a cheap and easy way to get one.

15. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Oh, i was under the impression Cold Steel would do it.
    Under 20 Euros is a Killer-Price for such a Sling!
    That will be a serious contestant to the Scout and such.

16. xXdoomXx

If that is the case joerg I am getting one as soon as I can can you also ask for weaker bands? Any customization with bands and such? That is a really nice price props to you sir ;)

And this will be orders of a website or like gamekeeperjohn and email?

J

17. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Can't wait to get my hands on one to customise it!

18. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

There will be a website and shop with international shipping AFAIK. Also there will be a wide choice of bands and ammo.

19. xXdoomXx

Great joerg any date or month when this will come out or is this a surprise ? Nice mascar with the pencils btw :)

J

20. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

When you have an injection moulding tool made, you get a few dozen samples for free, with different materials used. Based on those samples you select the material for the first real production run. Well, the samples obviously arrived.

I think they are now waiting for the first prod run to come in, plus for the rubber bands to be delivered. I guess maybe in two or three weeks. At that time I will post a review on YouTube, and also publish the templates and .stl file.

Will this be a success? Who knows. I still don't want to run a slingshot business. I just do entertainment. But the world is in need of a really good, affordable slingshot - and this may be the one. So good luck to the Slingshot Channel Store!