Quick Ammo Question

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Withak, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

1/4" Carbon Steel Ball Bearings G40 - 1,000 for $19.49 USD including shipping. Sounds like a great deal to me - am I right? I found these on Ebay tonight and want to buy them. Let me know your thoughts ASAP!! I haven't bought enough steel ammo yet to get a feel for what's a good price, but I have a feeling I don't want to pass on this one.

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

do it e, it's a good deal on beginner steel.;)

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thanks Dolomite, I just wanted to get someone else's opinion before I pulled the trigger. I checked a few more prices on small ammo like this and it does seem like a good deal.

4. akiflak

akiflak Junior Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm currently using 7/16 inch taconite pellets,found them on ebay for around $14 for a bag of 1000.

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I would not wait! Buy it! Here, the cheapest is 100 for 7 dolar.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Now I feel bad, they just dropped the price to $16.50! :( If only i hadn't ordered the 5lbs of 3/8 trumark @ $26 shipped i would've got a bag as well. I'll remind myself constantly that 3/8 hits harder, this will ease the pain of missing this great deal.

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Where did you find 5lbs of 3/8" trumark for that price? 3/8" would be a nice option over the 1/4"

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Wow BV, sounds like you've got it bad down there. I feel for you :(

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Another update - the same seller on Ebay also has 1,000 3/8" (9.5mm) carbon steel G40 steel ball bearings for $35.77 shipping is included. Dolomite, you're right, 3/8" would be much better for harder hitting ammo.

So, how does that price sound for 1,000 3/8" rounds of ammo?

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

now i'm pissed:(, i guess i should've kept looking, i've seen that seller before but never 3/8 for that price. good shopping etrain!

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

The wife needed something off Ebay and doesn't like surfing there herself. I took a chance on the bulk 3/8" and found it. I think I'll pull the trigger on this over the 1/4". Just curious though, I am curious about where you got the Trumark ammo for that price? I haven't seen anything from them other than smaller packs.

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

trumark offers bulk ammo by the lb with a 4lb minimum. the ebay deal is better though.

13. Brazilviking

Everything is expensive here....but coconuts, bananas and tropical fruits are cheap.

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

My co-worker was born in Brazil. Lived there until he was 8 then moved to the US for his father's job. He's lost any hint of a Portuguese accent, and can't remember hardly any of it even though it's all he knew for the first 8 years of his life. He does remember that they had wonderful fruit trees in their yard. They would come home from school and pick fresh fruit for a snack. He said they also grew their own coffee. He remembers his mother roasting the beans on the stove top. He says no coffee here in the US matches the coffee he remembers as a child - and yes, he says drinking coffee at age 8 was quite common :)

15. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Good to know. I think I'm going to have to take this deal. 1,000 pieces of 3/8" should keep me busy for awhile!

16. Brazilviking

He is correct. Even with urbanization and expansion of the "concrete jungle", we can still find fruit trees in some streets or gardens. My mother in law stopped growing her own coffee a year ago. Our coffee is VERY strong compared to USA. I'm addict to coffee, and went nuts when I went o orlando last november.....yours seem like.....water. I've found some good one in the italian restaurant of epcot center.
    I've asked McDonalds coffee... And threw away without drinking. I could see the bottom of a 300 ml paper glass filled with coffee! Here you can't see it in a small cup! Even your starbucks coffee was tasteless. Here, starbucks is very very strong coffee.