Questions about THERA BAND GOLD CALCULATOR

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Brazilviking, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I have one doubt about the Thera band gold calculator, That software from Jörg.

When it tells me that my bands must be, like, 17 cm, is this the exact size that I should cut them? Or I must add a Little more to count the quantity that is "wasted " on the forks and pouch for attaching?:confused::confused::confused:

Does anybody has another method to calculate size of bands?

I would like to know what is the prefered band (type) formula each one of you guys use the most! (making some research>>>):D

2. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

yea about that programm....how to run that (and THERA.exe, THERA31.exe) on a Win 8 System? Tried it with DosBox but couldn't figure it out.

EDIT: Figured it out, I used the program D-Fend Reloaded which is a comfortable GUI for DosBox

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. Moin moin,
    well, new computers also have disadvantages .....

Solution, either you post it here in the forum, and hptoqi it can answer (Win 8 - basic but can no longer support) so the values ​​Poste ...
    Or you post me the values ​​- What a Thera-Band color, abstract, ball weight stop bahr, or speed, winter or summer ... and then I'll write what the computer says .....!

I meet next week hptoqi again ....

tja, neue Rechner haben auch nachteile.....

Lösung, entweder du Postest es dort im Forum, und hptoqi kann es beantworten , (Win 8 - kann aber basic nicht mehr unterstützen) also Poste die Werte...
    Oder du Postest mir die Werte - Was für ein Theraband Farbe, auszug, Kugelgewicht, haltbahr, oder Speed, Winter oder Sommer... und ich schreibe dir dann, was der Rechner sagt.....!

Ich treffe nächste Woche wieder hptoqi....

if not, write it out as an app to, or wondering who it could .....

wenn nicht, schreib es doch mal als App um, oder frage, wer es könnte.....

also applies to others who read along ....

gilt auch für andere, die mitlesen ....

4. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  5. Moin moin,

I think the better of hp ..... he is new, and ignored "just" the sqmm the tapes, but there were more test's done with it .... .
    Not observed, the batches are deviations from Thera.

http://slingshots.myfreeforum.org/download/file.php?id=71

What do you think?

http://slingshots.myfreeforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1844

Ich finde den von hp besser..... er ist neuer, und beachtet nicht einfach "nur" die qmm der Bänder, sondern es wurden mehr Test´s damit gemacht.... .
    Nicht beachtet, werden die Chargen abweichungen von Thera.

Was meint ihr?

6. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

To me, Joerg' s bands calculator is the best one because of how easy it is to use it without having to put too much variables, easy to use for everyone( even for my bro), online( nothing to install),...
    I use it with my Kettler Latex Flexiband and it works great for me. I add 3 cm for attachment, i never tried to cut them at the exact size.

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Thanks, Tok! That is what I wanted to understand!

8. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I think some guys cut bands longer and leave extra beyond the fork ties, then after one breaks get another use without changing your anchor point.

Arturo posted that he uses different anchor points each time he reties the bands so i started trying this too.

My biggest mistake early on was not using strong enough bands for the weight of my ammo. The calculator gets me a lot more shots per band set. Making nice cuts took me awhile to learn too, and helped my band life immensely.

9. Moin moin,

When it comes to durability, and its not in the three-digit range - more than 100 m / seconde want to hurl, take hoses ...
    such as:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2-Meters-Rub...890?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec85920b2

About the Chrony I had just over 70m / s .... therefore sufficient to use for the Daily. Is not even a pimped.

It's still about 80 m / s

Haltbahrkeit ..... unschlagbahr ..... it is even boring ..... over 1000 spin operations are possible .....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeGeGELzvwY[/ame]

Wenn es um die haltbarkeit geht, und ihr nicht im drei Stelligen bereich - also über 100 m/seconde schleudern möchtet, nehmt Schläuche...
    Wie:

Über dem Chrony hatte ich sie mit etwas über 70m/s .... also ausreichend, für den Täglichen einsatz. Dabei noch nicht mal gepimpt.

Es geht noch über 80 m/s.

Haltbahrkeit ..... unschlagbahr..... es wird sogar langweilig ..... über 1000 Schleudervorgänge sind möglich.....

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

This other one is very nice too, but it does not work for large balls. Lightweight ammo only, pretty much (at least that was the case when I tried it a few weeks ago). No wonder, the guys who put it together usually don't shoot the serious ammo.

My calculator tells you how long you should CUT your bands. 3cm are automatically added for the attachments. So if you use an attachment method that needs less than 3cm, you can compensate a bit.

11. JonS

JonS Member

I know that this thread is a little bit old but I thought it be great to tell your my experience. The first time I used that calculator I cut the exact length the calculator told me to. The bands ended up being too short, due to the attachments. Didn't reach 80 cm draw as supposed to. Therefore I now always cut the bands 5-6 cm longer than what is said on the calculator. That leaves me with perfectly cut bands that gives the exact draw length I want.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  12. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

How much band length do you need for your attachments? 3cm are inluded in the calculation.

I suspect you are simply not strong enough to reach the desired draw factor. In this case cutting them 5 or 6 cm longer will work, but the shot will be very slow. Using fewer bands or cutting them more narrow , but retaining the length as stated by the calculator would deliver far better results at the same draw weight.

13. JonS

JonS Member

You know when your draw TBG to the point where the the draw weakens? Are you supposed to draw that far or stay at the point where you can still feel the "real" draw weight of the bands. Not sure if you understand what I mean.
    By the way, the only reason I add 5-6 cm TBG more than the calculator is because of the way I attach the bands. I do not have any good string. Instead of attaching the pouch to the bands using string , I use thin strips of TBG and wrap around the bands(the same way you attach the bands to the slingshot). This means that I have to use about 3 cm of the bands for the pouch and a little less on the slingshot.