Question on bands

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by DivineDaze, Feb 4, 2014.

1. DivineDaze

DivineDaze New Member

Hey there, I recently acquired the Scout slingshot (my first ever ss), and I'm wondering.about bands. I'm using the red trumark tapered bands, but they feel a bit weak. Im pulling them way past my cheek where I want my anchor point to be. Am I worrying over nothing or should I get a new set? If so, what bands do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

2. Malleus

Malleus Suspended User

I think most people will recommend Theraband Gold flatband, I've never used it myself but it appears to be highly regarded by most people. You can cut it to whatever length you want to suit your anchor point.

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

TBG is very good and seems to be the standard everything else is measured by. The Scout comes as standard with latex doesnt it? Erm, 0.030 inch thick I think. Shoots nicely but not as stable in UV light from what Ive been told.

4. CJW

CJW New Member

Cut an inch off the fork end of the tubes , maybe start with 3/4 in. That should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

5. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades Banned

Tbg is prob best but if you can't get it any flat band material is better than tubes in my opinion, there are many cheaper flat band materials out there :)

Joat

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I like Theraband Gold, Silver and Black. I've used plain old latex bands and even large (size 108) rubber bands. All good options, but I'll take the TB products when they're available.