Question about rubber

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JejeDark, Dec 14, 2013.

1. JejeDark

JejeDark New Member

Hi everyone,
    just had a question: Have you ever seen these lottle things on rubber bands(theraband Gold) like that:
    It the opposit if a hole.....

Attached Files:

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

It's hard to tell from the photo, is it a bump in the band? Did it come that way, or did that just happen? I haven't seen it before, but my first question would be if this had been sitting on something shaped similar to that bump with some weight on it. I have seen some TB hold a deformed shape after being held in one place under pressure - such as removing a band set after being tied for a long time.

3. JejeDark

JejeDark New Member

It's a bump and it just happen.
    It happen I think when I streched the bands. There was nothing on it.
    Hope it won't break.....

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

TBG is some tough stuff. I think you will get quite a few shots without a break.

After fork hits that made actual holes in my bands I've gotten many shots before the holes tear out to the edge of the band. After the tear starts running across the band I don't shoot anymore with them, because that side is weaker than the other.

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I've had this with tbb when I failed to notice a drop of raw linseed oil got on it, still lasted a good long while. When the band failed, it wasn't due to the bubbled spot.

6. noah013

noah013 Member

On my thera band gold odered from ebay, there are a LOT of white tiny tiny little (white) spots. With a lot I mean on every piece of thera band a few... I've banded up some slings and they shoot well, but I've got my first rip probably from cutting it wrong.

Noah013