Question about multi shots crossbows

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by uriya, Dec 8, 2013.

1. uriya

uriya New Member

I'm new in the forum and this is my first post (sorry for my bad english). I realy like the slingshot crossbows because they are very cool, and some of them remind me an old firearm (muskets and flintlock pistols) just like 18th century weapons.Some of them have multiple shots. The only thing I can think that missing is a semi automatic action for pistol crossbows and full automatic mechanism for bigger crossbows (like repeating crossbows). I think it would be very fun to have such a thing. So my question is that is it possible to make full auto crossbow just like "Van Helsing" crossbow, or Gretel's crossbow from the movie "The Witch Hunters"? If it is, I will be happy to hear your suggestions. If not, than I will gladly hear alternative suggestions. It will also be amazing if someone will build such a thing and show it in youtube.

2. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Your English is fine (except you mixed up, that is missing) It is most definitely possible Joerg has done both in his YouTube videos though not in the way you're thinking. The only efficient way to have a semiautomatic or fully automatic crossbow is with multiple "barrels" for lack of a better word, do fully automatic you could also scale up Joerg's pencil shooter.
    Someone else may be able to help more but this is all I can think of to answer the question.

3. uriya

uriya New Member

Well, a multiple barrels slingshot can be built like a revolver i think, even in a pistol size, so it might be great idea. The pencil shooter is realy good weapon, of course it can be upgrade (like shooting even shorter and heavier darts, the megazine can be static and have more ammo so you won't need to move all the megazine to shoot and even make detachable megazine so you can have higher rate of fire, like in firearms). I also found this [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeDXVN52cHI[/ame] and I wonder if a slingshot minigun can built like this (more or less). Maybe by connecting the dart to the rubber, and then its easier to make auto slingshot (the rubber can also be used to make the dart stable during the flight). Thanks for the help :)