PVC shooters

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by rock slinger, Nov 5, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

I really like this PVC. It is easy to make, thin, and just cool stuff.

Attached Files:

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Never thought about using the thinner stuff as a core. Thanx for showing me that.

3. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Yeah, those are nice and ECD thin! Was that one second from the left a band snap at the fork? No criticism at all but the thought makes my left eye cringe. . . Also, like master Flipgun noted, core sample, BRILLIANT!

4. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Cool! How much do the thinner frames handle?

5. rock slinger

I would never put on doubles they flew a little with singles, but I am sure that they. Will not snap.

6. rock slinger

I am using the magic rubber from BV. It seems to snap at the. Fork no matter what. Did the same on my naturals.

7. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Good shooters.
    PVC is strong and it will bend before it snaps.

8. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Do remember that unlike HDPE you can glue layers of PVC together. You can also add some Chicago bolts in a few places.

9. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

Ha! Love the second rambone-looking one! Mind if I copy these designs?

10. fiskey81

fiskey81 Junior Member

nice shooters i did a bunch out of pvc. its a great material and can handle more than you would think

11. codido187

codido187 New Member

I like them they're cool I'm going to make me one out of PVC I make my knife sheaths out of PVC

12. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I like PVC, material is inexpensive, the bigger bore you buy the thicker the wall is. A cheap 10$ heat gun is your key to the whole kingdom. You can cut it, drill it, sand it, there are no limits. Whatever your imagination can come up with. The world is your oyster!

This is my favorite shooter.
    [​IMG]

Doesn't look like much, but it shoots like gangbusters. Nice tight groups, nice and fast, hits hard. And if the rubber breaks, or I change to flat bands, or different tubes its dead easy to adjust length. No its not fancy. Fancy doesn't put meat in the pot and never will. Image is nothing, function is all. Form follows function.

13. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

14. rock slinger

I love it too. It is Bill hays covert hunter. A quick google search will bring you the template that I printed. And he and I both approve of copying the deseign.