PVC projects

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noah013, Oct 22, 2013.

1. noah013

noah013 Member

Does anyone have ever made a slingshot out of PVC? I saw a video on youtube. I've made a few bows out of pvc (also very interesting, and quite lethal) but slingshots?

2. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

i saw one on this forum who made some out of pvc
    just make one
    you need at least 1cm strength

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Here!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIabRkEg2Dk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIabRkEg2Dk[/ame]

Attached Files:

4. noah013

noah013 Member

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Currently I have 2 slingshot rifles, both pvc, working on a slingshot crossbow, which is PVC based (working on lock) plus a PVC starship sort of.

And yes I've been thinking of doing a straight pvc slingshot.

The one rifle the forks are cut out of a piece of 4" pvc pipe which is narrowed down and inserted into a piece of 3/4 pvc conduit. The forks on the other one are just a curved piece of 3/4 gray pvc conduit bent into a curve and I slotted heated and wrapped and screwed and strapped, and tied with leather and cord till it was rock solid.

Both of those just have a short piece sticking up on the back of the shaft to rest my palm on, so releases are always in the same place and consistent. The weather is cold up here in Fargo, so I'm shooting pretty short range, about 15 feet in my basement. But I have no problem hitting pop can sized targets 3 x in a row this last week.

I get a flyer here and there but I find the more I shoot and the more I shoot the same ammo the more consistent I'm getting.

I have thought some about 3 pieces of pipe joined with a bolt that would "fold" for transport and unfold for shooting. But have not yet built it yet.

By all means, PVC is reasonably priced, easy to work, and with a few low cost tools like a pvc racheting cutter and a heat gun you can make some very nice shooters.

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Brother BV, you speak better english than I do! And it's the only language I know;). I'm a stupid hillbilly.

7. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I made this one from some pvc.
    [​IMG]

8. noah013

noah013 Member

Ghost, can you please post some pictures?
    I really wanna see your design.

Flipgun, a masterpiece, like always.

9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nah! You're cool! You just cannot imagine how my english is evolving since I joined this forum. I'd say that today I speak 2 times better than I did in the video.
    I got so much vocabulary!!!

10. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Just finished

Attached Files:

11. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Of all my slingshots this is the one I use the most.

[​IMG]

It isn't fancy, but the tubes seem to be long lasting, they hit hard, and they hit consistently.

You can see I use the projection at the rear to rest the palm of my hand on, giving me consistent aiming point and release point.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, building this was dead simple. The main length is 3/4 PVC or PVC conduit. Connections are just a piece of 1/2" pvc, use a heat gun to soften 2-3 inches of the pipe then hammer in the half inch. Forks are from a piece of 4" pvc so they are pretty thick and hefty. The tubes I'm shooting came exactly as you see them.

They have a small wooden ball shoved into the end and a black sleeve to help prevent wear. All I did was use a step drill on each side until I could slip the tube through. Again, dead simple.