Pump-action Slingshotgun

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by chd_mann, May 12, 2013.

1. chd_mann

chd_mann New Member

Hey all.

I had an Idea after looking at Joerg's Oreo slingbow.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to convert that set-up for hunting with 8mm lead balls?

If you have a little sliding door on the magazine, it can be loaded and closed

If someone can create it and let me know how to build it/create a tutorial, it'd be greatly appreciated. Or is there a tutorial for the Oreo-launcher (I could in theory rescale it for 8mm balls)?

2. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

I had the same idea,and I think you could convert it.

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I did make a tutorial for the pump gun design, for M10 hex nuts. You can find it in the "blueprints" subforum.

But converting the design for such small ammo as 8mm steel balls is a bit problematic. The smaller the ammo, the more precise your saw work will have to be. The string "wants" to jump the ammo. Very precise cuts will reduce that tendency, but still, for small round ammo, you practically will have to use a steel rod instead of paracord. That steel rod will weigh more than the 8mm ball, and you will have to cushion the sled against the impact of the incoming steel rod - otherwise the weapon will break very soon.

You can't use a sled in this setup as the trigger/sear part isn't designed for such a sled. A sled would have to be stopped as well, otherwise it would draw the rubber bands into the slots of the barrel.

8mm steel balls are ridiculously weak in comparison with larger, heavier ammo. Why do you want to use them? I advise against that, for the above reasons. It is much better to use the M10 nuts as ammo, they have just the right size and weight plus they are totally inexpensive.