Pump Action Hybrid?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Bruntbob, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bruntbob

Bruntbob New Member

I've been inspired by seeing Jörg's new bolt for the Stink Master 2000 to create a repeating pump action pistol slingshot. So it would effectively be a mix between the Stink Master 2000 and the Nerd Revenge 2000 (the Nerd Master 2000?). I was thinking it would have a stationary bolt-chamber and a trigger would release the shoot.<br><br>Thought I'd run it by the forum before I get started. So any ideas/comments?<br><br>Oh it would also be similar to Jörg's Pump Action Crossbow but it would fire bolts.

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Something like it is laying on my workbench right now, i will maybe post it if i get it to work

3. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Bob: Souns awesome! I got a very short version of Joergs Pump-crossbow half-finished, but didnt think about bolt-shooting options...

4. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Did you manage to get it working, Onnod?

5. ironworker2284

ironworker2284 New Member

although i am new to sling shots and sling bows, i am a journeyman of tinkering ... got something on my workbench that is very cool!! proof of concept and basic operations are done just working on the final touches and getting the correct bands... i need to get 60lbs of pull in 36 inches ... any suggestions on bands?? i have been using some workout bands for now but was thinking of speargun rubber for the final application

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

@ironworker--i don't know the best way to figure an answer for tubes, but the theraband calculator works really well in that range. Pseodo-tapers might be the answer. Check xxxxRuthie's posts for the phrase bunny ears.

That sounds like a great concept Bruntbob.
    Those pistol crossbow bolts are very inexpensive and it would be sweet to figure out a magazine/pump gun for those.
    Whatever the ammo, this will be a blast to shoot.