Pump Action Hex Nut Slingshot (w/ CNC'ed parts)

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by krayvis, Mar 11, 2014.

1. krayvis

krayvis Slingshot Noob

Hey guys, I made a new nut shooter based loosely on Joerg's original, this time with tighter tolerances and new functionality. Smaller pieces were machined on my desktop CNC mill.

Pictures and blueprints to follow shortly... Let me know what you guys think. :)

Material is 1/4" plywood, which really means 0.2" thick pieces. Hardware is #6 screws, with some #8 machine screws for load-bearing parts. Front forks are machined from pine. Ammunition is, as always, half inch hex nuts.

See attachments for blueprints.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ga5s3a8kt8E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jr4Gcpwo7kY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Good job! You are right, in warmer weather this will be a lot more powerful.

3. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Fantastic job man. I have a friend with a CNC he made and I think i'm going to show this to him and see if we can come up with something.

4. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

Where in the North East are you? I order from Mcmaster all the time, and being in Maryland, I get my package the next day.

5. krayvis

krayvis Slingshot Noob

Not bad, Bacon... I'm in New Jersey, about 40 minutes from one of their distribution centers so I can actually pick up an order there on the same day if I'm really desperate.

Attached Files:

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Cool stuff all around.
    I like your setup, the possibilities are mind-boggling with tools like these.
    That gun just looks like a blast to shoot, and has its papa's rugged good looks too.

I enjoyed the video a lot. After the weather heats up a destruction video would be great fun to see.

7. krayvis

krayvis Slingshot Noob

Mike, I actually have a big box of old stuff I plan on throwing away... after it's in pieces. ;)

8. krayvis

krayvis Slingshot Noob

Finally got around to putting together a making-of video, and posting blueprints. (See first post. Good luck and have fun, to the crazy few who may try this.)