problem with TBG :(

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by slawek, Jun 29, 2013.

1. slawek

slawek New Member

i have problem with my bands... look.
    [​IMG]

its like 3rd pair break like this and i dont know what iam doing wrong here :( i cut them with roller blade so i dont think its problem here, and they always break at pouch side. I use tapered one maybe thats why ? and i always pull them to the max for maximum power maybe that is the problem?

2. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

The lifespan of your bands is greatly reduced if you are pulling to maximum power. It all depends on how many shots you are using per set of bands

3. slawek

slawek New Member

I made it today just like maybe 3-4 hours ago i shoot some marbles ~150-200 shoots maybe thats all. Its possible ?

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

200 are a lot of shots. Your bands lasted enough!

5. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I discovered that if I don't pre-stretch too much and a rather loose pouch tie (with a 5mm rubber strip) TBG bands lasts more than 300 shoots, stretching to maximum will always shorten the rubber life ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I killed a bunch of tbg by using under powered bands for my ammo weight.

Sounds like yours are not too bad. I use less taper now, and always use the calculator first and add some margin so i trade longer life for less speed.

7. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I come to this thread because of a link HERE .
    When i saw the picture it was clrear to me and Arturo said it all. Tell us if your problem is solved if you don' t pre- stretch too much when tying the bands at the pouch.

8. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Well if you want to just target shoot go for the longest lasting, Fighting Zombies, hunting, and showing off call for stronger bands.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

.....nada a ver, meu!

10. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

What do you mean anything to see me?

11. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

Hmm, Do you live in a dry climate? If so, that could be what's wrecking your bands. My strong slingshots only last about a week before my rubber gets dry.

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^very smart^
    I have often wondered if a mild oiling of bands in dry conditions would help to prolong life.