Practice ideas

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JimRhodo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Just visiting. Used to post fairly regularly until health got the better of me but I thought I would do a bit of shooting today and it was great. The accuracy was so so but I’d forgotten how much fun it was. So if you have any practice ideas post them here.

This one: hit target and move back miss the target and move forward. Eventually you will find a distance you are consistent with. The target was a circle drawn round a jam jar lid but the classic target is a cd size circle.

2. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Classic can cut is the slingshot in its purest form. Doesn’t matter what distance. Here is a can cut racing against the setting sun.

if you want to see the final cut you may need a big screen.

3. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

2014-2016 were the years of the Accuracy Plat(f)orum. Possibly one of the longest threads I’ve ever come across. Just took a trip down memory lane dipping into 91 pages of infectious enthusiasm and support. What was then was then but I thought I’d have a go at the Be Mahoney Accuracy target.

For the sake of simplicity and universality it was a 120mm compact disc used as a target template. You would shoot ten or twenty times at whatever distance you felt comfortable and then post your results.

I shot 20 at 8 metres and got a 65% hit rate. I’m now all fired up and planning to see if I can get some form back.

Heres a video as a sort of intro. If anyone is interested I’ll post my progress. And if anyone else would like to join in.....

Be Mahoney Accuracy target.

4. Bayrat

Bayrat New Member

Hey very cool ideas.keep shooting Brother

JimRhodo likes this.
  5. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Thinking of practicing more regularly but I forgot about the Scottish rainy season which begins in January and continues till December. We have our dry moments but unpredictable.

Anyhow I went out this morning using the Be Mahoney Accuracy target at 8metres Delighted with results:

20 shots: 1 bull, 2 grazes, 13 hits, 4 misses 80% Hang on, that’s remarkable. I’ll do the same a few more times and see how consistent that is. Yesterday was only 65%. May have just been flukey today.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  6. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Is there anybody here? No one has visited for days. Apart from Bayrat. I was going to post one last video and then just do weekly updates but I think I’ll probably be writing my name next to my own in the visitors book.

Well it’s made now. Shooting is a happy activity Even bad shooting in lousy weather is still pretty good.

See you next weekend. Or not.

7. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

The weekend is here and I’ve managed to shoot every day. The day of gales and the nighttime shooting brought down my accuracy and I’ve decided the 80% was a total fluke. Average is about 60%. Here’s today’s shooting

8. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

If I get any insights I’ll post but at the moment I’m just getting my eye in