Pouch for flat bands

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by BBM, Aug 23, 2013.

1. BBM

BBM New Member

Ok I ran a few searches and can't find anything except from flippinout.

Where can I get some nice pouches?

I purchased a set of bands from ............. A company that I won't disclose and the pouches have purdy thick very soft leather. Not a very good pouch in my opinion.

Thanks

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

The simpleshot/flippinout kangaroo leather pouches are excellent. I just ordered a bunch, you really can't go wrong with them.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Sounds like you bought bands from A "Preacher" if i'm correct, is it tied with black string at the pouch? If you got them from him, and if you did you know who im reffering to, expect them to break quickly, the string is to ensure repeat business. If not him nevermind. I cant bring myself to buy bands, its way too easy to make your own. roll cutter,leather,theraband= price of a few band sets and you can make a hundred of your own. If you buy sets though, flippinout seems to be the man, haven't personally used them but people rave about his bands. Damn, now I want to try flippinouts bands.;)

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Well, I cut my own bands, but I prefer to pay a measly $2 to purchase top-quality pouches from simpleshot. And besides, I like to support US businesses, especially those that produce slingshot art, like simpleshot/flippinout.

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I wish I could afford $2 per pouch, with a daughter on the way I cant spend any money I cant justify to mrs.dolomite, and she says my homebrew pouches work fine. I'm so poor I have to use a .22 shell as a hole punch. My first pouches were cut up vans but I've found ways to get better leather now. For now, trying flippinouts stuff has to wait.:(

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I understand completely D. I'm just one of those guys who has no children (that I know of) and no wife, so I'm free to cause myself as much financial harm as I wish.

Congratulations on your daughter too!

7. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Flipping out has so many to choose form get one of each and decide what is best. This is what I would do then order a ton of that kind.

8. BBM

BBM New Member

Thanks fellas, I did see those from flippinout and will be ordering some of those as well. I am new to these fun lil weapons and you can bet I will be cutting my own bands and possibly the pouches. I have read about another guy from supersure or something like that but can't remember where I read it? Anyway, it looks like flippinout will get the business for now.

On another note, best place to buy rolls of Thera band in the usual colors, gold, black, silver?

Thanks again!

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Amazon is my place, but many here also like Ebay.

10. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

If you are in the US, there is Rayshot and TexShooter. E~Shot is in Ceylon and shipping is a little slow but he make excellent pouches and ships world wide.

11. BBM

BBM New Member

That's what I needed! Thanks Flipgun!