Pocket Sling Knife

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Schultz, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Now I have my Pocket Sling Knife ready to Shoot. :D
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsokbFTl4NE[/ame]
    I think Pictures say more than Words, and I hope that you like it. ;)

And who Invented it?
    The Swiss :D

Attached Files:

2. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Cool! Only thing I'm concerned about is the tiny forks, and the knife closing on your hand... But it looks very very useful.

3. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Only thing I'm concerned about and or have to really say is the tiny forks look a little unsafe. But they obviusly work great job.

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice! A PFS and a pocket foldable knife, same model as the VICTORINOX great pocket nife industry (the best in the world).
    Seems to be a natural, and a great resistance wood. And with the attachment of the bands as an "over the fork" shooter, it must be very precise ans safe!
    Great job!
    I think I'll make a copy for me!:) Hope you don't sew me!

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Excellent! I liked this design when I saw the early photos, and it came out great! It was very smart to keep the forks low, that way you have a PFS style shooter PLUS the ability to fire arrows without changing anything (which surprised me, I didn't think about that possibility)! And you have a blade concealed within the handle. Also, by keeping the rubber short, you made this a compact tool that will go in any pocket.
    I also like the colour and finish on the wood. What type is that?
    Great work as always Schultz! You have a real talent and imagination for building multi-function survival tools

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thank you Guys! I´am Glad that you like it :D
    Of course you can you make your Copy´s, I'm curious how they look :D

That's Plum Wood and there was just a Crack that I've been a little enlarged, the Blade I have simply attached with a Nail and I have harden the Wood with my Lighter to give them this Look.
    With Wood unfortunately I do not have much experience so I hope that it Work but it is not as Fighting or Work Knive designed. Is just only a small pocket Knife.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Nice! I wondered if that was 'flame-finished,' nice result!
    Most fruit wood is very hard, in my experience, so this should be great

8. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

9. Great Work!

"Wer war's?"

It's not " Die. Schweizer "

It's "Der Schulz"

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  10. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Nice job, Shultz!

I love the clever way you have designed the pocket knife to fold back into the slingshot. The grip becomes the protective sheath. Yup, very clever!
    [​IMG]

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thank you my Friends! I´am glad that you like it :D

12. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I love it... I'm surprised there aren't commercial models.

13. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

It's a fine stuff. Pocketable & solid. Especially the angled mount of the blade is eyecatching.

May I have suggestion? I think you know the Opinel blades. They have a great lock system and relative cheap price range. Their entry blades are not as fine as Swiss Army Knives, but their round handle fits well for a slingshot. And it's wood :) maybe worth a try. http://www.opinel.com/uk/tradition

I used one of their large carbon blade in the kitchen. Doesn't like water and gets rusty at the Axis, but still working after 12 years. Blade is good for sharpening but does not hold it's edge too long.

Congratulations for this project!
    Tremo

14. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thx Guys, I´am glad that you like it :D
    Of course you can make Suggestion´s ;)
    I have never hold a Opinel Knife in my Hand but I know that they are great Classic Knives from France. But I´am not sure how you want to attached the Fork?
    Normaly I would prefer a flat Handle to get sure that the Fork does not rotate and also set the Fork infront of the Grip that the Forces Work also on the Grip and not only on the Hole from the Fork.
    And I´am also not very experienced in working with Wood. So I´am not sure if the Handle is strong enough but It would be glad, to see you or any other build this Slingknife!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I'll give it a try....:)

16. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Is there a lock on the blade?

17. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Fine, I'm curious how your Sling Knife looks.
    The inclined Blade serves as a backup. So the Blade can not fold forward when you stab. The Wood hold also the Blade a little bit and the Rubber save the Blade, when it's folding.

18. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I have made another Video to show you how the Blade is "secured".
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG00ODHaBqk[/ame]

19. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I appreciate your effort but the execution wants a lil'.