Pliers Frame Slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Randumbness, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Randumbness

Randumbness New Member

This is my second "homemade" slingshot so far and also first time posting on this forum so hello everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The initial frame is made from just a rusty-ish set of pliers that I wedged with a fold of paper to prevent it from closing all the way for a larger fork, wrapped with cloth from a sweater, and wound up with some stuff para cord. I looped the excess paracord to make a finger loop. With all of the wrapping bulk, it makes a pretty good palm-swell perfect for the Hammer grip which is the only grip I'm used to.

I used red Theratube for the bands and work pretty well; just enough power to go through a cardboard box.

I made the pouch out of the same cloth used to wrap it, folding it 3 times over and sewing it together.

The ammo I'm using are just some clear glass marbles from the dollar store that shatter pretty easily.

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

It has rubber and it throws downrange. Everything else is just detail.

3. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Thanks a lot--now one more thing at work will remind me I'm not shooting slingshots.

Just joking, I like the looks of this slingshot. I get excited about repurposed objects, what better than being remade into slingshots?

Welcome to the forum.

4. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nicely done mate! I saw slingshots made out of almost everything, it is just great that one can turn an object to a effective shooter.
    Keep going the good job.

5. Davie_oi

Davie_oi Junior Member

I went with old pliers too as my woodworking isn't up to the standards on the board. Hardest part was finding a set with flat but not sharp ends. Paracord to hold open and as a grip. The pouch was leather cut from a couch dumped near my work.

Attached Files:

6. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

If your wife/significant other won't kill you, make a slingy out of the cutting board your pliers frame is sitting on. that stuff is hella strong and fairly easy to shape;), many have used cutting boards of all different types of material to make high quality slingies. Mr. Arturo made a beauty called the clone from a bamboo board.

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

This is not a joke:

recently cutting boards tend to disappear in our household!

I wonder why!- They cannot walk away!?...

9. Davie_oi

Davie_oi Junior Member

Good thinking! Maybe I'll use some thin ones in diff colours glued together for strength and looks. Wife's ok with any projects that keeps the kids off the playstation for a while (and me out the pub).

10. Randumbness

Randumbness New Member

Very nice. Much more chunkier than mine and the "hilt" of it makes it look so much better :D

11. Davie_oi

Davie_oi Junior Member

Thanks for that, it keeps us busy. Looking forward to seeing your next one. :)

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Me: "Honey, we don't really need four cutting boards, do we?"
    Wife: "Don't you dare!!!"
    Me: "......."
    Me: "When is our next trip to the home store??"
    Wife: "I don't think I like this new hobby"
    Me: "But I'm making it for you"
    Wife: "Nice try"

13. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

You got me laughing Etrain, sounds familiar somehow...