Plese read the following question

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ABH, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ABH

ABH New Member

Hi again, if someone know where to find ballistic gell please tell, I imagine Joerg knows, so where do you find it joerg? I just want to test the lethality of my weapons!!

2. bnorman

bnorman New Member

Um, you don't really find it in stores as loaves. It is a gelatin, which is negatively affected by heat, so comes as packaged dry ingredients. Otherwise, you know, it works like your Jello-brand dessert, getting runny when warm?<br><br>You can buy the makin's and mix and chill it yourself.<br><br>Search engines will lead you to several (no, many) "home-made ballistic gelatin" recipes. You will need a sizable kettle and the permission of the lady of the house to take over the cooking area, and for her to evacuate the fridge for about 8 hours. Sometimes it pays to have your own fridge in your sling shop, except you'll have to evacuate all those beverages to make room for some wiggly goo.<br><br>After you make several loaves, and they've set, and you are ready to go shoot'n, place them into your picnic cooler for transportation. Pick a cool day for use. You might consider employing a hand truck or two burly friends to tote the cooler. Lie, tell them it's full of their favorite beverage.<br><br>Be aware that ballistic gel can be made in different densities, and once you start publicly publishing your results, gelheads pop up to point out your gel ain't as good as their gel, and zip you are off into a gelling contest.<br><br>I like the notion of shooting dinner better. If you come home with a cooler only full of shot-up ballistic gel, the lady of the house will raise an eyebrow, say something disrespectful to your inner hunter, like:<br><br>"That critter must have been doin' the zippy-zig-zag fer you to have to shoot so often to finally take it down."<br><br>bnorman

3. ABH

ABH New Member

Right, thanks! I was imagining that it will come in a pack of powder like homemade gelatine... I will try to make some, the idea to use it, resembles to be professional and exciting! Thankyou very much for you detailed answer!