Pl

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by knaeckebrot, Sep 24, 2013.

1. knaeckebrot

knaeckebrot New Member

Little Plywood Shooter

I came home today, hoping that the wood for my main project had been delivered. Unfortunately it hasn't.

I wanted to build something anyway, so I made this little plywood shooter. I finished it with linseed oil.

The upper part of the slingshot I carved a little bit, to fit better to my hands.

Since I don't know, which ammo it will get, I haven't attached any bands yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Nice and simple,
    I like that one!

Be

3. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Beatiful work, keep it up!

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looks good. You'll have to report back once you get it banded and shoot it. Is this a little pocket shooter, or something larger?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Looks very good. I too hope to hear how if shoots.

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Simple. Nice. Strong. who needs something else?

7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice and simple. Great job!

8. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Nice one. Best way to start and a good work.

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

10. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

11. knaeckebrot

knaeckebrot New Member

Thank you all!

It is more of a pocket shooter. The whole thing is about 11 centimeters in length and the fork-gap is about 4 centimeters wide.

I will shoot 7mm steels balls, since I own quite a lot of them and they perform very well. I like speed and range rather than penetration power. And overall, they are quite cheap :)

Here is a picture of the slingshot with 1 layer of threaband gold on each side.

Attached Files:

12. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Looks Good! Ain't a thing wrong with plywood. It is still my favorite medium.

13. LW

LW New Member

Nice and easy, that is more than enough for a slingshot, and for shooting. Keep on building, and more importantly keep on showing us your stuff…;)

Maybe a side note, the attachment of the TBG to the pouch is better the other way around. The end of the TBG tips should look to the outside, not inside the pouch. I hope that was understandable, I'm too stupid today to explain something…:eek:

I was just watching again at your pics, but I'm not sure if there is something wrong?
    The soft side of the leather should keep the ball and is smooth side between your fingers…

14. knaeckebrot

knaeckebrot New Member

Thanks.

You explained it very comprehensibly :)
    By the time the band breaks and I have to attach new ones, I will remember your hint. Thank you!

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

"The end of the TBG tips should look to the outside, not inside the pouch."
    As he said. Ears are always on the outside and the folds of the bands are out or down to the draw.

16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Also with light ammo tbb is better. Its lighter draw and faster with light stuff. As a bonus, it looks better too. Something something something DARK SIDE!