Pipe fork shooter

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by rock slinger, Nov 11, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

It is made from a 1 inch metal pipe. All I did was cut it, and flatten the end, then cut down the flat and bent the forks apart with a large screw driver. It will never perish at a fork hit, and it is very comfortable to shoot. I really do not like the ott tubes though. They just seem to be inconsistent. I thinck I am going to stick to flats for the rest of my shooting.

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

3. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

This could very easily be modified into a survival kit as well with that hollow space in the grip. Space for things like matches, foil, first aid, bacon strips, etc.

I like the idea, maybe I'll do it too.

4. Otees

Otees Another Member

Good idea. Good job BTW!

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Is it waterproof?

Cool idea, could be good for the 1h challenge:D

6. rock slinger

The fork has small gaps, but the could be filled, and of coarse an end cap could be placed on the bottom if you were to cut it straight. But it is small. Not much would fit in the Handel, maybe some fishing stuff, a couple matches, but that would be it.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Nice work and a great way to use the materials at hand! I really like the 'survival kit' idea too. A bit of silicon in the openings of the fork tips, and you are good to go!

8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Love the bare bones, 'use what you have' approach. Very cool!

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Nice use of resources

J

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Survival kit? Heck, I was thinking 'ammo storage' the moment I saw it. Cap the bottom, drill a small dispenser hole near the top and you could be shooting for a while before you have to reload. Nice idea. I may have some EMT sitting around somewhere I could try this with. Thanks for the inspiration.

11. rock slinger

That would be cool to. Deffinetely do try it. But if you want a larger fork gap you may need to heat it with a propane torch, or map gass.