Photos in private messages

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by WildBill, Dec 22, 2013.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Is there a way we can send pictures in PM's? Us slingshot makers do like to share our intimate projects to specific friends, sometimes...

-Wild Bill

2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Good question. I was wanting to do that myself awhile back but noticed the lack of that option. It would be great if it could be added or we get schooled as to how.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

can't do it directly. you can link photos from photobucket or something like it. ask E withak.

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I just PM'd you a photo Bill. It can be done, but the control to download from your computer is not there. You'll have to upload your photo first to a photo hosting site. I use Photobucket, for example, there are a lot out there. Once you do that, you can use the "Insert Image" icon on the thread toolbar to add a link to your image. I'm not sure why the download from computer control isn't available in PM, but you can get an image in there. I've done it several times.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Good timing D! I was typing a response as you sent yours!

6. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I did receive E's PM on the subject. Yes, it can be done, but flibblejibbits! I can post a pic from my POS computer but can't PM one?!? Teh horror! Just put the same little paper clip thingy on the PM portion and be done with it! I don't wanna have to manage a Photobucket account (or any other such hosting site) in order to PM top-secret slingshot projects to my bro's here!

Ummm... Yeah, I know. I ain't important enough to have top secret siht around here, but hey... It's an ego boost just to say it.

-Wild Bill

7. kiitos

kiitos Banned

Missed this option in the past, too.
    A simple solution is... to ask them for their email-address.
    F.e. Arcor allows 35 MB sized pics.

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

purpose

I suppose, at this point we´re touching the
    basis of the architcture of the forum:
    It´s purpose is to let people share pics
    publically!?- That was the answer I found,
    facing that fact..

Be

9. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

I can take a look at settings, but I know it wasn't released till later versions of vBulletin.

We do have it setup to where you can use img tags.

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Thanks for looking in to this for everyone!

11. kiitos

kiitos Banned

@ ForumTech: Very good.