phoenix arrow slingshot

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by rock slinger, Apr 13, 2013.

1. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

the phoenix design that Jorge made will not work with tubular bands because there is not enough room for the ammo to fly though safely. i thought of drilling holes and inserting tubular bands but that would put the bands too low. but there is enough space for an arrow to fly through. waht are your thoughts?

2. bushcraft kid

bushcraft kid New Member

What do you mean it wont fly through safely with tubes? that is why you flip down with the slingshot when you shoot.

3. rock slinger

just not enough room for my comfort felt like i would have too many fork hits but yes it would b e possible<br>

4. rock slinger

yes it could have worked as a slingshot ,but I though that shooting arrows would just be something unique so I did it. It works really good. I use tube rubber kit for the sporting goods store and cut out the leather. after that I used string and installed the tubes. it shoots god but has minimal range. I will just have to practice and then I should be able to use it hunting squirrels. pictures coming soon.

5. rock slinger

forks were too long for what I had in mind so i made a second on and accidently cut the handle slimmer so it looks nothing like a phoenix. I was not sure how to tie the string so this is how I did it. I grab the end knots when I shoot and the arrow is pinched by the other string. although there mest be a better way to do this without using a release, only because I don't have one. I wraped the handle in paracord and used linseed oil on the plywood not best looking but it works great. shoots about thirty feet and drops though.

Attached Files:

6. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

7. Otees

Otees Another Member

Thats cool, I like the cord handle and also the cord for the arrow. How powerful is it ?

8. Nice and great arrowshooter!

Joe

9. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Nice arrow :)

10. Maulwurfsurfer

Maulwurfsurfer Junior Member

nice and so simple...

how powerful is it?

keep it up