pheasant hunting

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by slingshot600, Oct 5, 2013.

1. slingshot600

slingshot600 New Member

in the aria of my house you can see pheasants sometimes.
    i think they would be delicious. but.... the are a lot of hikers and peoples with dogs.
    ik really need someting like a little corssbow that i can hide under my coat,
    and quickly fire at a pheasant when i see one walking through the mais field
    has anybody got a disign or an idea for that?

2. Peterburban

Peterburban New Member

Looking for jailtime?

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Better idea....shoot a can for a whole afternoon, and when you are done, go to carraba's and ask for polo rosa maria!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  4. slingshot600

slingshot600 New Member

i `m really quick on my bike:D

5. egmont

egmont Slingshot General

Hey, just use a standart slingshot it is the most compact weapon of all rubber powered weapons.
    i can see that you are only 13 yerars old and therefor you might need some strength to pull up the amound of rubber there is needed to produce enough energy to kill a bird like that.
    here i can only talk from my own experience i use 9 cm of theraband gold (5 cm at the forg and 4 cm at the poutch) and i use 13 mm lead balls for hunting this is pretty effective.
    BUT!!! you will have to remember that hunting with a slingshot is not easy, you will need grat accuarcy and that requires alot of practice.
    i would not shoot at annything further away than 15 meters.
    relative to your lag of mussle power that wil come, and it will come faster if you shoot alot, but try out some different combinations of rubber and ammo it is pausible for you to hunt successfully with a slingshot I have previously shot a pigeon dropdead with a 9 mm stel ball so it is pausible to hunt with small caliber ammo, hope for you that you will succeed :)
    -and dont listen to all these "correct" people saying ohh you want to go yo jail?? because that is not gonna happen :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Seeing as owning a crossbow under the age of 18 and hunting with a crossbow are both illegal in Holland (along with slingshots) I would say that a brush with the law is quite possible.

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

It's good for business and good for the economy to see teenagers with that eternal teenage "Screw the laws--I'm bullet-proof and I'm smarter than that" attitude. Specifically, it's good for the police business, the court business, the lawyer business and the government supervision business (probation, parole, etc). Way to go, kiddies! Don't ever stop! The cops, lawyers, judges, court clerks and all the rest of those government hangers-on need you so they can stay gainfully employed and fat. Always remember---you're never too young to start your criminal record and all those government people are all depending on you to rise to the occasion. In fact, they're waiting for you, so don't let them down!

SS600---I'm glad you're really quick on your bicycle! I hope you're smarter than the police and faster than their cars and motorcycles, too.

8. slingshot600

slingshot600 New Member

a crossbow is not illigel in holland. im a officel archer, so i know a bit about it. a crossbow is a ''throwing instrument''.

9. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Don´t

want to be the pu**y around here,
    but life to me is a miraculous and holy
    thing.
    And dying has quite an impact!- Consider
    you don´t hit "drop dead" and that creature
    tries to escape, hide and you have to face it,
    eye to eye- knowing, seeing in its eyes that
    it understands that you are going to kill it.

Let me tell you: those pictures would be present
    for a very long time..

I quit hunting (just fishing) because of my peace
    of mind.. (exept when I´m "outdoors" and then
    only for one reason: to eat)

Meekness you may find in killing? But for sure
    good insight you can find even in reading a good book.
    And if you are a very tough guy, you could visit a pigfarm.
    Or a slaughterhouse, or any of those places where we
    (humans) dare to make this place "ours".

Dying can be quite a mess, just trust me.

Be (peaceful)

"love fits virtue" - "life fits living"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRs2RJELRQ&list=PL3A297A48938DF34A[/ame]

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

That's exactaly equal to what I say every time the hunt question is touched here!
    When I found the translation for "pheasant" and saw the beautifull bird known for me as "faisão", I just could feel sorry for it. Why killing it? Are you going to use the feathers for decoration? There are sinthetic stuff available. Like the tasty meat? You can get it from less cruel ways, like buying from a specialized seller.
    The only reason that is really behind killing is the agressive bloodlust that is hidden inside the human being. I spend mine on martial art trainning. You all should try!

11. BeMahoney

Fasan

it´s Fasan in german!- thanks for your word ;)

Thankfulness to you, my friend!

And lots of respect to the smart nation with the biggest
    an only! industry of mid- and low-size passenger planes
    on the globe of our times :)
    (not really "third world" in my eyes ;) )

12. LW

LW New Member

First reading your Post, I thought it was a joke, never imagine that someone can be such an as… ?

Since I now followed the Thread I can see that you´re really playing with the idea of killing an animal just because you want to and because you are able to kill.

You never had the thought of eating this animal !!!

You and your kind, are the reason that someday it will not be possible to shoot in nature with a slingshot just for fun.

Compete with yourself with equally strong, if you have the courage.

But pitiful Sissies always looking for weaker ones.

13. AttilaTheFun

AttilaTheFun New Member

Fasan in German? Let me continue the line its Fácán in Hungarian (you spell the c in it like tz in pretzel) and it is indeed a beautiful bird!

BE: You expressed wonderfully the thoughts going on in my head when I read all that nonsense about killing something purely for the excitement of bloodshed (and nothing else).

I'm quite sentimental about this killing thing. When I was just a little boy (around the age of 5 maybe) I was playing in the garden with a magnifier burning leaves and small twigs and stuff. I found a spider and (I think) just for curiosity I burned it. It twitched, wriggled for a short time then died. I immediately got this terrible feeling of making something bad that can't be undone. My father was standing next to me, he said "Do you think it will stand up and think "Whew what a bad day, lets go home"?... no it wont, everyone and everything has one life and you took it." Then he walked away. It was "just" a spider yet that day haunted me for months, even nowadays if I see a spider sometimes I get that bad feeling.

Slingshot600
    PLEASE don't kill anything unless you absolutely must! Killing for food is one thing, but don't kill anything because it seems funny or it annoys you. I'm terribly afraid of hornets yet if one comes to the house I never kill it. Instead, I manly scream for my Girlfriend who lets it out on a window and in return I take out spiders because she cant stand them :)
    I'm an atheist and in my opinion it doesn't matter how meaningless it is to you, every living thing lives once, be it human or a fly. Taking something you can't give back without a VERY good reason is irresponsible.

About this:
    Can't agree more. Since BE already linked some music let me show one of my favorites (and this is where i lose my not-even-started good reputation:D)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkQG9MH4HHg[/ame]

The second half summarizes my thought about mankind :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  14. BeMahoney

Attila

I love you!- for your words,
    your honesty, and of course
    for posting Tom Waits!- He coldn´t be more right
    with what he says..

He´s the artist I have the most
    albums of (13, 1,4%..)

My grandma ran away, totally demented..
    they found what´s been left over after six months,
    in a little wood.. links me to:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrGImjmUZk[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  15. AttilaTheFun

AttilaTheFun New Member

BE

For this one I'll rather send a PM to you. It'll be full of sentimental things and things that might sound strange for the first read.

(I'll just write this here because i really don't want people think I don't answer if someone writes something for me. Ehh I care too much maybe:S )

16. BeMahoney

Attila

I´m really happy to know you! And I don´t know if
    it´s about my point on my way, but it seems to me
    that there´s some kind of special kindness being
    shared among the people here!

Greetings to everyone!

be

17. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

killing must be done with a reason with respect and as efficient as possible
    im a bushcraft survival guy and spend a lot of time in the woods

and it has nothing to do with blood-lust.... please....

honestly i reader eat a animal killed in the field than a piece of beef from the supermarket
    a deer is born free and lives free doing what it needs to do eating what it needs to eat and then one bad day it meets a hunter....

imho its much better than a pig being born in captivity grown big in the dark shot full of hormones eating dry food and then stressful being put on transport for the slaughter

but eat what you kill, and only take the shot when your sure of success

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  18. BeMahoney

Well said!

its about meekness and responsibility! Greetings across the border!

Be

19. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

for me its about how the animal lived, not how it died

don't know the true definition of meekness, but i would say respect and responsibility :)

20. BeMahoney

again

well said again; meekness might be more spiritual? (don´t trifle with life,
    unless you understood how precious it is..)
    A viking wouldn´t become a warrior unless he learned how to dance;
    only after that he would be allowed to carry a sword ;)

Plus: I don´t want to eat a radioactive boar
    (Tschernobyl, La Hague and the mushrooms, of course)........

Be