The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, this is my first post here.

I know Arturo from other forum & group. I sketched a diagram illustration and posted to photo album here, summarizing Arturo's video how he achieves accuracy with PFS. He is good at naming and calls it 'projection aiming'! You sight through 'inside' the fork between the bands imaginary center-line. That line is visually/mentally projected to the target. This method works ideally with small PFS because it has a very narrow gap which is easier to visualize the center-line between the bands.

------------------------

Arturo's PFS Projection Aiming - Grip 90 degrees/side-ways, butterfly shooting style using longer elastics. Full Butterfly is for the more experienced shooters. Illustration shows partial or semi-butterfly. Also, smooth pouch release technique is essential for consistent accuracy. For PFS, the pouch is Bent (creates lift) so pouch or ammo will not hit forks or your hand.

Here is Arturo's video briefly describing projection aiming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQeicR8k2o

------------------------

Again, thank you Arturo for sharing tips & methods. I know, much appreciated by everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
Welcome friend !!
excellent sketch to show the aiming technique I currently use to shoot the PFS ... thank you so much zorroslinger
cheers
Arturo

·
Registered
642 Posts
For your first post - respect. Very good drawing and a lot of good experiences.
These are the posts that I like and that are valuable for all of us, even if it was already known to me.
Does not matter.

I'm curious what's to come next from you. You do not seem to be a beginner...:)

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Nicely done on that sketch! That's really quite helpful, thank you for posting that here. I'm saving a copy as well. Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
unfortunately camera memory exhausted so I couldn't show the remaining 10 slingshots ... no just a joke hehe ! ... the projection works nice for narrow forks, I believe this method would be useless with wide forks and short draw as the bands would be viewed at a noticeable diverging angle ...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QNNOgv9vf0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QNNOgv9vf0[/ame]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
For your first post - respect. Very good drawing and a lot of good experiences.
These are the posts that I like and that are valuable for all of us, even if it was already known to me.
Does not matter.

I'm curious what's to come next from you. You do not seem to be a beginner...:)

Like many, I re-kindled my slingshot interest many years later as adult :) . I have only been at slingshots off & on for about 1-1/2 years! I do other craft/art related & tinkering things. Not collector of slingshots and not really a woodworker type, but I do make my own very simple PFSs, thin birch plywood cut-outs. I am more into metal work & minor machining as one of my other hobbies.

Over year ago I bought a few nice commercially made slingshots (Simple-shot's Scouts). It seems like, I am more interested & have preference in shooting catapults. Many creative catapult crafters out there who have much skills & talents and I cannot compete with them! ;) However, I do have something on the drawing board that is PFS related (inspired idea from Jorge's past older videos).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
unfortunately camera memory exhausted so I couldn't show the remaining 10 slingshots ... no just a joke hehe ! ... the projection works nice for narrow forks, I believe this method would be useless with wide forks and short draw as the bands would be viewed at a noticeable diverging angle ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QNNOgv9vf0
This video is clearer view. I can see you sighting inside the bands inbetween the space of bands and you visually/mentally projecting that center-line to target. Yes, this technique could be unique to PFS type with very small fork gap. I also did random quick test with wider fork and center-line projection does not work effectively because the bands are too wide apart and more difficult to sight a center-line (wider fork). Thanks Arturo!

·
thinks TBG smells better than roses
985 Posts
Great illustration.

I love your inking style, it reminds me of the wonderful penwork in the Ripley's Believe It or Not books I grew up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts