PFS challenge accepted !

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I left SSF time ago, mainly because the anti PFS's mood, bad jokes and bulling to a good friend, so a guy challenged PFS accuracy (don't know his intentions) so I decided to take it thinking I could contribute for a better PFS mood
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HCTtWVPuV0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HCTtWVPuV0[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuXNquPHxPY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuXNquPHxPY[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qMhIg3I9jc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qMhIg3I9jc[/ame]
    I was really pis**d off giving I've made many 5/5 while not recording ha ha ... I am bewitched when the little s**t is ON ... anyway I've shown a PFS can be decent accurate
    cheers

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I say screw anyone that feels the need to belittle anyone for what type of fork they like to use. If it's a stick with 2 pieces of elastic connected by a pouch, it's a slingshot. No need to segregate between types. I personally think its amazing how accurate you are especially due to your use of butterfly and your style of aiming, I still struggle to hit a soda can multiple times in a row from 20ft using this technique. Good work my friend, it's good to see you prove the haters wrong.

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

+1 to Dolo's comment. I've been a member at that other site, but rarely go there because of the attitudes I've run into. I mainly go there to interact with a vendor or two or to review some new styles, that's about it. This, however, feels like home. And I'd like to say, it's a better place having you here. You are our own resident PFS master!

Great work Mr Arturo! I've managed to hit a 3x3 target with a PFS - of course that's 3 feet x 3 feet :)

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Thanks for another great video.

PFS is great fun. I just don't understand the hater mind. Every style is worth trying.

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

PFS, hammer grip, support, natural, boardcut, Smaug ballista.....they are all slingshots and deserve love!

I really appreciate your videos, they teach us newbies so much :)

6. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Great shooting. I would not be able to do such. Please do push on.

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

That´s it, Mike!

@ Arturo: I knew you can be a bad guy too!- You "accepting" any
    challenge causes tears!, for the others, of course! You know,
    I know that! ;) Good success! (Luck is for losers!)

Cheers to Chile,

Be

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

+1 for the both of you!

Be

9. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

There is another slingshot forum? What?
    Ha ha. This is the forum I go to, this is home.
    Arturo you are the master!
    Great shooting.
    Keep your videos coming.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I say to hell with anyone who dogs on someone for the type of slingshot they shoot.

11. Arturo Borquez

many thanks to all of you guys for your kind words, dolomite, Withak, Slagskimmer Mike, VWscooby, rock slinger and BeMahoney, as I said my intention was to ask those who likes to talk rude and never shows nothing for moderation, respect and tolerance, I believe that nothing is definitely written in the slingshot world and that's where is the beauty, open your mind. I've never seen a dismissive comments here even for the most modest achievements among builders and shooters and that's the way I like and should be always, I hate arrogance and segregation of "being among the best", not in my dictionary, the joy is intimate feeling we can freely share, if makes you happy I will be happy, ... in one word friendship ! that's my philosophy ...
    cheers

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  12. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I have recently joined this forum, and also rejoined the world of slingshot shooting as well.

Thank you for posting these videos and inspiring me to do more shooting. Your aim is spot on!

I have been a craftsman most of my life, and plan on building many shooters very soon. I appreciate what I have learned from everyone since I have been on the forum. There are so many finely crafted and different slingshots, I don't know where I'll begin once I can get some time.

I

13. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Or what color it is!;) Just bustin your chops bro, I dig your confidence to rock da pink scout. Back pocket photo was ballsy:eek:!

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I think that any group of people who are small-minded enough to criticize a type of slingshot do not deserve your company Arturo. How pathetic can it get? Its just sad, really. I think people forget that a slingshot is either an artistic creation, or a simple means to have fun (or both, of course!) and take things far to seriously. I'm awaiting the sudden popping noise that will be created when a group of people suddenly pull their heads from their backsides.
    We are very glad to have you here, and its always great watching you shoot!

15. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Arturo, my Chilean Slingshot Prophet,

You speak of realms beyond me. I do not know of any slinging community beyond this one, for lo... Herewith are the fellows of the true love for slinging. What wroth is appropriate for a pickle? Indeed, the mightiest of can-slayers does have PFS engraved upon his bosom. That any community could speak ill of the pure beauty of form and accuracy of shot that is any god-sling born of your hand only speaks to the utter depravity of such communities: IE- they are doomed to slingshot hell.

Thus let them rot in hell. They have their forums of hell, and though occasionally some of their demons fly here to wreak mayhem, they will ultimately fail. You, my Chilean prophet, gracefully fire your Pickle Fork Shooters as David slays the Goliath of soda cans. May they all fall before your stunning accuracy and humility- for you are a giant amongst slingers.

-Wild Bill

16. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great shooting arturo! show them who's boss! i think it is plain bull**** to say that a certain style isn't good. i've shot quite a lot of different styles myself (including a lot of PFS' they're just great, aren't they?) and i've also watched a lot of different styles being shot and the effectiveness all depends on the shooter, so in the hands of a skilled shooter like you, PFS' are can killers just like any other slingshot!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

17. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I can understand if someone doesn't like crossbows on a slingshotforum, but PFS?
    When it comes to the pure physics they are ideal.

18. Arturo Borquez

again thank you guys ! buckshot500, dolomite, WildBill, Will, onnod, Achso_42, to end my comments only say I am not complaining about the SSF folks, most of them nice guys, even in "elite very competitive" shooters but many of their fans and some biased mods not. Fortunately one of the most reputed shooters there (Treefork) took the challenge with great success, so I believe his big influence will help to "open the minds" much more than I could. ... as for this forum, it's my family ha ha ...
    cheers

19. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

There is a song by Ray Stevens and the words say everything is beautiful in it's on way. I think the biggest problem is most people don't ever want to see anything but their way and in doing that fail to see what they could be missing if they just give it a chance. How boring would life be if all ice cream was vanilla :D if you will look past the forest, you just might see some trees.;)