Parcel from BV !!!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Saderath, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Hey guys!!!

Today I received some "Magic Rubber" all the way from Brazil!

[​IMG]

Got myself a new larger cutting mat and from now on I don't have to cut my butterfly bands from corner to corner :p

Also made a "homemade" metal ruler. Originally used for stopping the wind getting in under the door.

[​IMG]

Knut banded and fitted with a leather suit.
    I still have to get the band dimensions just right to fit my shooting preference and I will make a video of some shots :d

[​IMG]

I cant thank you enough BV! You are very generous!
    I hope your parcel arrives with you soon my friend!

Cheers
    Saderath

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice! maybe Arturo can help you with dimensions. But it must be smaller than TBG

3. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Wow, that is nice ! ... if it is the same BV sent me I use a wider cut than TBG, 25mm to 20mm taper for 10mm steel and I don't tie the pouch to hard and stretched, that's what I found gives the best results, more shoots than TBG at comparable speeds, note it elongates to 4.5 so I add 2cm more length ... if you find a better cut share it my friend ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

4. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Nice sling there, The suit is is cute :D exactly like a little leather suit :D
    What kind of rubber is that? Why is it magical ? :D

5. Brazilviking

This rubber has the power to make the steel ball turn around corners and hit the targets precisely...and also if you wrap yourself on it you get invisible! it is crafted by a lost tribe of brazilian indians using the blood of 20 virgins including the wanimator and the SSBOY......

Not really. It is a rubber that I use for surgeries at the hospital and Mr.Arturo found it great for PFS and precision shooting!:D
    Latex sterilized through gamma ray.

6. JohnKrakatoa

Either way it sounds good . gamma rays or virgin blood... :D

7. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

I am a little curious about the black leather outfit you have crafted for your slingshot :D Do you need a safe word when you are working with it? Do you like it to slap you around a little? :p

I bet that rubber would make a great tourniquet if things get out of hand.. Gotta love medical grade supplies. Very generous of the good doctor.

8. JohnKrakatoa

Saderath with what is the bottom part of the sling made so it has that nice caramel color??

9. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Hi Saderath, Hi BV,

Good co-work! It seems the eagle-eyes are taking care of this latex. Thanks to grandmaster Arturo too!

I like the color of this latex, fits well for a nice natural.

Keep us updated :)

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

So can this magic virgin-blood gamma-irradiated Chuck Norris approved latex allow you to do this with a slingshot???:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGZQi3ODB-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGZQi3ODB-U[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

12. Brazilviking

Precisely, but it makes also a "skid" sound when the projectile makes the curve!
    And you can also stop the projectyle for the pedestrians!

13. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

So really, it's a bit more like 'drifting' the projectile...the skid makes all the difference.

14. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Thank you all for your great comments!

It is Red Meranti

Curve balls can actually happen not to that degree obviously.
    I must find out how to do it by will !!! :D

15. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

no, but you can hit the buttons on Angelina's shirt to reveal the tramp stamp that lies beneath:cool:. BTW, her blood won't work, girl's a hollywood door knob.

17. JohnKrakatoa

Imma have to google that Saderath... :D

Btw guys if u want curved shots... shoot stones.

18. Brazilviking

You are right!

19. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Very cool! That outfit, nice!

20. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Well if Beckham can 'bend' a soccer ball, perhaps you can figure out a way to get enough spin on the projectile to curve it. I know when I play golf, I can bend it like a pro, no problem. In fact, I'm so good now, my shots never go straight at the hole! Actually not a bad way to end up looking for forks ;)

No kidding there. I learned that the hard way. But, it is fun once in a while, if you've got the space to do it safely. I bought some cheap glass stones from the dollar store, they're semi-rounded. When I shoot them, not only do they take off in just about any direction, but these make a great sound as they fly through the air - kind of a buzzing/humming sound :cool: