Pant Bands

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WillWonka88, Apr 8, 2013.

1. WillWonka88

WillWonka88 New Member

Hey guys. I was just wondering if I could use the elastic that they used in pants for my slingshots. Are they powerful enough?

2. Hegz

Hegz New Member

I think that generally speaking any rubber can be made into a slingshot, but How well it will perform is an entirely different story.<br><br>Here's a few hurdles that I can think of off the top of my head that would need to be overcome to work with this:<br><br>1. The elastic used in garments is usually woven into fabric. The fabric is going to prevent the rubber from stretching out, and will greatly inter fear with the speed that it returns. Somehow you would need to free the rubber from the fabric without nicking or breaking the rubber.<br><br>2. The rubber in this elastic is typically just thin threads. Not only will this complicate the first point, but now you need to collect a lot of threads to turn them into a band.<br><br>3. If these pants have been through the wash, then there's no telling what the detergent/bleach/hard water or whatever else has done to the rubber. <br><br>In a bind it might work.

3. WillWonka88

WillWonka88 New Member

that wold probably take too long to do and there are risks. I'll just buy some thera band. Thanks!

4. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I say pant bands are useless for slingshots.