Package from Brazilviking

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Flipgun, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Brazilviking had a thread regarding Tru-Oil-V-OIleo de Peroba and inquired if anyone would be interested in trying some? Hell Yeah! Me! I'm always lookin' for the new thing. He say Okay and sent me a package. Now I was expecting a small package with just a bottle of the finish in it. Shoulda known better coz that ain't the Slingshot way! Looka here what he send me.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    2 bottles of the peroba oil, 3 sets of 2 of the surgical steel that he uses for his own projects and a KILLER amount of Gamma irradiated latex (13/14 feet X 4"). He speaks well of it in the included note and mentioned that our Brother Arturo does also. You can't beat recommendations like that. The ball is in my court now and I have to come up with something Good! (No Pressure!)

Big Thanx Raul! Lets see what I can do.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is awesome!! Very, very thoughtful!!

3. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Great package and very generous! I am really excited about your experiences with the oil and the latexbands!

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really a great Present! :cool: I look forward to the Slingshot. :D

5. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

6. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

7. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

:eek: Oh Man!!! That' s awesome!!!:eek:
    Can' t wait to see the result of that oil and to know more about the bands performance. Also, i am curious about what kind of surgery you gonna use the steel for.

8. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Cool, have fun with it! I wonder about the super-latex, will you be chrony testing it maybe?

9. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

BV strikes again! What a great guy and a super package to receive.

It looks to me like you're gonna have quite a bit of fun with that. [​IMG]

10. Courier

Courier Senior Member

A very generous gift from Brazilviking!
    Now you have a big enough supply to make dozens of amazing slingshots. :)
    We hope to see them soon.

11. Flipgun

Unfortunately that is not one of the toys that Lady Flipgun has allowed me to buy. Maybe Christmas!

12. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Awesome package flipgun ... Brazilviking is very generous, a nice supportive fellow ! ... the gamma radiated latex is very good, it elongates less than the pure latex but it lasts more than the TBG, and using the appropriate dimensions for your ammo are a blast ! enjoy !
    Cheers
    Arturo

13. Flipgun

What do you consider appropriate for 5/8 /1/2"
    steel?

14. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

What a great package! Hats off to BV.

15. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I wanted to send a slingshot made by me as well, but there was no free time for working....
    But I just feel very excited with the idea of global trading, gifts, exchanges....etc it makes this social network looks like real world. That's why I don't visit the facebook frequently. It seems too unreal. people pretending to be something else. this forum has som emagic on itself, that atracts good and honest people mostly.

I'm open to exchanges, contacts, co-op projects and everything else. I just don't have a lot of free time, so it might be a little slow... (slower now, with my pirate/odin's look):)

16. Arturo Borquez

I use single band 23 mm x 17mm x 32cm length (x5 elongation) for 10mm ammo (4 grams) 1/2" is quite heavier maybe will need 2 band per side, for 5/8 I never used such big ammo ???? ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

17. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

That's a very very nice gift.

18. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

I like this idea as well. I would much rather trade, it feels more..I don't know friendly. I hope I can made some things worthy of trading :D

19. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Be sure, whatever you will make - if you give your best and put your passion in it -
    IT IS WORTHY OF TRADEING !

20. Arturo Borquez

flipgun, maybe this can give you an idea on the speed of BV latex with 10mm steel (the cut I've posted earlier), it's a 100+m/s average velocity, in my opinion best or better as my best TBG setup [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wqPXaOBPBU[/ame]
    Cheers
    Arturo