P.D.S. (Pickle dagger shooter, by BV)

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Brazilviking, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I've been working on this for a while. thinking about a slingblade that keeps the tip of the blade forwards. The design came on a "pirate pistol" look. (no jokes about my eye, plz!)
    I had seen some pistol knives on the internet and videogames.
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/1482637/washington-muzzle-loaders-for-sale--elgin-patent-pistol-knife--gunblade-

I named it on a parody to the PFS and becuse of my friend TokSik, that loves acronyms. Pickle dagger shooter.....looks more like a barbecue knife for me....:eek:

Materials are plywood, cedar scales and a big knife that I didn't like the handle...plastic chinese stuff. Marine varnish finish, 4 layers. Blade glued with epoxy and locked in position with 4mm titanium bolts.
    I'm still not sure if I will add some bitumen wax to age it, since I don't like the plywood look very much....opinions?(I know yours, Will:))

Attached Files:

2. Obelix

Obelix Delete

Awesome slingshot. Nice dog.

3. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

The stuff you come up with - wow!
    I think you should age it.
    Keep good slingshots coming, good job BV.
    I hope your eye is getting better.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  4. Brazilviking

I'm glad you like it!
    1 vote for aging.... (Snader)
    2 for keeping thi way (Will and my fionce:D)

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Man, this thing does look great! Can you imagine pulling that thing out? "Thats not a slingknife mate, this is a slingknife!"
    Great work BV, and I agree, it does look like a great bbq tool! All you need to do is attach a bottle opener and you have a great all-in-one tool and entertainment device:D

6. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Wow nice slingknife ,äh knife slingshot.

7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

This looks really cool, really really cool! It's the coolest slingblade I have ever laid my eyes on, at least! I love that handle shape, just fantastic :D

Does it give you a lot of strain on the wrist?

8. Brazilviking

Man, My tests were fine, no strain at all. This one I intend to use as a single banded ss, and I've made some calculations about the shape of the handle and how it affects the slingshot. At this position, most of the strain is in the pinky finger and his neighboor (I really don't know the names of the fingers, in medicine thay are called by numbers...thumb is 1 or first).
    I have quite a strong hand too, so maybe it can be different for other people. (brazilian jiu-jitsu gives amazing hand grip strength):D:D

I'm glad that you liked!!!

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

10. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have made a sling like that (without the blade!) It wanted to roll back in my grip when I would shoot it. So I added a "trigger" for a finger grip to hold it down. I gave it to a friend and he likes it well enough. It did not look that good though. Very Piratey

11. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

That is awesome.........really I do not know what to say....

12. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Yet another amazing one of a kind creation.

13. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

It's more of a bowie :), I love it. though It'd feel a little too unnatural. Kind of like Ulu knives. They can be used but they just don't feel right. Awesome nonetheless.

14. LW

LW New Member

Man, I can see Jack Sparrow with this slingalingding…knife in Pirates of the Caribbean 26 or 27, cannot remember - does not matter.
    __________________[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]_________________

I am sure Schultz is going to make a somersault backwards if he sees this.

Very nice Concept, surprised me again…:D

15. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Jack'd bandslap himself and fall off of a ship and lose it. Though we've seen him pick up all of his gear when it was thrown overboard, he'd probably leave the sling pistol out of laziness.

16. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really nice Work my Friend! I love the Design! 1+ ;)
    Remember me on the Gunblades from "Final Fantasy" 15 Years ago. :cool:

17. Brazilviking

Should I age it? There are only 3 votes untill now....

18. Schultz

Schultz New Member

You are right my Friend, This is really my Thing :D

But what you mean with "Age it" Raul?

19. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Sry I don´t read all...
    I´am only 30 min back from Work. I have no Idea how it look when you wax it, but at the Moment I love the Look.
    So I don´t want to tell you something, that destroy your great Work ;) But I´am sure Will is the right man with his Custom Fishing Rods ;)