Ouch! Just hit my finger with my dankung!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brazilviking, May 26, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I was in the woods with my nephew shooting and collecting natural forks, and acidentally hit mi finger with a stone. Here is the result:
    [​IMG]
    Hurts like hell.......

2. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

3. Brazilviking

Srill having problems with the images. Does anybody knows a good image host that works with this forum?

4. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

Try using imgur.com

When you get the URL to embed, make sure to add a lower-case 'L' right before you type .jpg/.png/.gif/etc.

This will create a large thumbnail that won't eat up screen space if you do an image embed.

Otherwise, just use the regular imgur link provided.

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Ouch! That is actually one of the disadvantages of the finger support style. Hammer grip style is stronger AND safer.

Why don't you use this forum's attachment function?

I also use imageshack.us, works well.

6. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

I can't speak for Brazilian or others here, but I usually don't use the attachment function so that I'm gentler on a site's bandwidth and resources.

I also admin a couple of forums, and I understand the bandwidth and CPU utilization woes that can befall a forum, having been hit by them a couple of times.

7. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Resizing photos is easy. irfan, photofiltre or gimp will do this in seconds to get photos with 800 x 600 pixels, needing 0,06MB space = 60kB.

8. Brazilviking

testing again...

Attached Files:

9. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Wow, hurts.
    I don´t trust in shooting stones, had problems that they did not move from pouch exactly and then spinning in the air and did not fly straight. I fear that sometimes they spring back in my direction and think it depends on the rough surface.
    Some people say, that stones must have 20mm or more to fly straight.

I use hexnuts M8 (5g) and M10 (10g) without any problem and find it more save.

10. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Yes your totally right. Stones are unpredictable, because they have different shapes and weight. Also it's indeed far more safer to shoot with steelballs or hexnuts. But the biggest advantage of stones is the fact that they are for free. :)

I hope you get well soon!

11. Ouch. :mad: :eek:
    Why did you this? :confused:
    Get well soon! :)
    Joe

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  12. LW

LW New Member

Same happen to my brother on Saturday, on the left thumb. (Looks similar) :(

We were out for a walk with the dog and shooting stones. I never shot stones before (maybe when I was a child) and I will never shoot them again. Only if there is a situation where I need ammunition and the only to find are stones.

Some of them fly like a boomerang after 10 to 20 meter they made a turn from about 2 - 6 Meter :eek:

Had some 10 mm steel balls with me, hitting a tree from 30 Meter 40 cm square, no problem.
    With the stones we found, almost impossible. Shooting small game in a survival situation with a stone would be an interesting challenge.:D

So forgot shooting stones, if you do not have the opportunity to find nice big round stones.

13. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

My knowledge is woefully lacking and in this case I hope it remains so. Hope it heals quickly.

14. Brazilviking

Thanks everyone! Thanks Joerg, I think I will start practicing only hammergrip style. Or buy an armor gauntlet.....
    Feels better today. Only hurts when I touch something.... :)
    But it did'nt stop me from working on my surgerys, so thats fine!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  15. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Ouch.ouch.I stopped shooting stones very quick.
    I didn't hurt myself,but i had some bad forkhits.
    When i see your finger,i'm happy about the forkhits.