OTTs shoot high/ Right?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Triphammer, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Triphammer

Triphammer New Member

Please forgive a noob question but I just stumbled across this. I've always shot between the forks on various commercial SS, Whammo, Daisy, Wrist rockets, and use the left fork (holding side shooter or 45) I just completed a couple OTTs for me & my grandson & noticed right off I'm shooting WAY right. Is this an issue with OTT or do I need to work on my form?
    BTW - I set mine up with 3 per side TBB taperd 1.5 inch to 1" @ 12 inches long before pouch & mounting, 9" fistmele forks to pouch.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Sounds to me like maybe you just need to practice with it while maintaining form and find an aiming point that compensates for the far right shot placement imho... When you said TBB, are you referring to black or blue and also curious as to what ammo? Of course that should not have any bearing on what your problem seems to be...

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

It's your form. I use otf exclusively and nearly all shoot to point of aim. Do you use the twist and tweak? This can help.

4. Triphammer

Triphammer New Member

dolomite;
    I'm not familiar with "twist & Tweak"
    Ravensbull;
    TBB refers to Theraband Black. I'm shooting 1/2" marbles at the moment

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

twist the pouch 90 deg. from fork and bend it a bit so it jumps over the thumb when you release. Also 3 layers is way overkill for 1/2 marbles. I get soupcan killing power with one layer of tbb. try lighter bands and look at Arturo's vids on the twist and tweak, you'll be zeroed in right quick.

6. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Good call on that Dolo! That's likely enough rubber for some medium sized lead balls at a good zip...

7. Triphammer

Triphammer New Member

Good call on the form. Did a few pulls in a mirror & saw I wasn't lining up my bands & shoulders. Flattened out a little more & got back to POA/POI.