Oregon or bust!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Will, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Well my friends, it would appear that I am soon to be employed once again. This lousy economic position since 2008 has forced me to travel all over this country chasing work. Such is the life of a pipefitter.
    I will be on here as much as internet access allows me to be, but that is notoriously poor in the part of Oregon where I will be living. However, I will be living in one of my favorite states, a paradise for fishermen!
    I am leaving on Sunday (if the condition of my head is conducive for long-distance driving:D). In the meantime, I wish you all the very best, and I hope to be able to stay in touch!

2. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Good Luck Will a change is as good as a rest I hope you enjoy it as well as make a living!

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thank you very much! It'll be my second 'tour of duty' in that region. The last run kept me up there for seven months straight:eek:
    So I reckon I'll get properly drunk tonight! Must enjoy the last night in my house for a long time!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Take it easy Willdebeast;), have fun up there. If you take the 101 stop in crescent city and grab fish and chips and a brewha at the first place on your left as you come into town, it's the best ever!

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thanks D! I would much rather take 101, but I think its gonna be 5 for me...the most boring road in this state! God, fish and chips sounds great right now!

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I wish you much Fun at Work and at Fishing! And I hope that I hear from you soon, how your Work run.
    Enjoy your last Hours in California, my Friend!

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thank you Schultz! I will take lots of pictures, Oregon is a truly beautiful state. I also need to catch a fish that will break my personal record! That is what I am excited about:D

8. Otees

Otees Another Member

Good luck mate. Catch some good fish. Have a great time. I hope you keep in contact. Your a top bloke. :)

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thank you very much Otees! Fishing is the first priority, making money...well its in second place:D! I will be taking pictures of anything big I catch, for sure. My personal goal is to catch a 150 kg fish with my left arm alone!

10. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

all the best will, and have fun fishing!! i hope to see some pics sooner or later!

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thanks Onnod! I hope to make a fellow fisherman proud!

12. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Have more fun than work and let sometimes hear from you.
    Cheers
    Peter

13. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Cheers Peter, and thank you!

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Will, I passed out in the middle of posting how much I hate i5. I was gonna say I hate i5 like pitbulls hate Michael vick! Well there's always maverick's in Susanville where you can get the "world famous 1 1/3lb maverick burger", damn good burger but it'll kill you faster than a speeding bullet;).

15. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Good luck in my home state, Will. You welcomed me here as a newbie to the forum and I appreciate your comments on my posts. Oregon's a wonderful place, I love it here. If you don't mind me asking, what part of the state will you be in that has such poor internet access? Obviously you won't be in the middle of the Willamette Valley. Glad to hear you finally picked up some work though. As an electrician, I've worked with a lot of travelers from all of the US and Canada over the years. I've met some great folks along the way. While I've been fortunate enough not to have to travel to get work, I can certainly appreciate how difficult it would be to pack up and settle somewhere else. I hope you enjoy the job.

16. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

I wish you good luck with your new job Will. Hope you are able to stay in touch with this forum. Oregon sounds like a great place. Anyway, it doesn't matter where the road of life is leading you to. Most important is that you just stay as you are!
    Be well my friend!

17. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Good luck Will, if jobs demands ... but Oregon is a pretty place to live, and has nice wild rivers to throw the hook LOL ! my best wishes friend ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

18. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Etrain- I will be living in one of the RV parks on Sauvie Island, and the jobsite will be in Hillsboro at Intel. My buddy says that there is very limited phone service or internet. However...he did say this when his wife was in the room, so there is a potential that he stretched the truth a bit:D.
    Yes, travelling has allowed me to meet some great people and see much of this country. In fact, I probably have more friends in Oregon now than I do in Ca. I am looking forward to going back!

Flicks, Arturo (and everyone else)- Thank you very much for your kindness my friends. Hopefully I will be able to visit the forum often. Take care, and keep shooting and building! :)

19. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I wish you a good time.

20. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

be safe!

Hi Will,

best of the good for you!- You are 2nd of the three persons I made first contact with here on the forum!- hope this continues and you´ll be back in perfect health. (To then probably share the pleasure of synchronously having some nice jars of Laphroiag when you´re back?).

be safe!,

Be

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013