One hour challenge prize!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dolomite, Dec 23, 2013.

1. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I just received my prize from Scoobs for winning the challenge. He said it would be a "small" prize, some leather or something. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find a diy slingshot kit complete with a hayes designed blank, two kinds of band material, some royal blue leather, some Lord Sheraton wood balsam, and a nice letter. A very generous prize indeed! Thanks to Scoobs for this challenge, quite an idea it was.
    IMGP0481.jpg

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Lovely

Keep up THAT spirit!

Thank you, Scoobs!

3. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Well deserved

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Very cool Scoobs! That will be an extremely fun shooter too Dolo. I have a Mini-Hunter about ready for finish now. They are great in their petite posture! Shoot anything within reason, turn & tweek as usual. It'll be nice to see how you massage her into yours!

5. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

kudos for Scoobs and well deserved prize dolo ! ... awesome challenge ... congrats !
    cheers

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Congrats again on the win Dolo! Great prize pack from Scooby - nice choice of prizes VW! I'm looking forward to the next challenge, looks like a lot of fun to try and make it all come together.

7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Im really glad you like it, like everyone says it was well deserved. Looking forward to seeing what you make from it! :)

8. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Cool stuff what kind of wood is it scoobs?

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Exterior grade hardwood ply. Thats all i know, its tough stuff though. I made a Chalice out of it and its shooting perfectly despite taking a few knocks :)

10. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Wonderful prize and well deserved!

11. dolomite

dolomite Banned

This is tough stuff, it'd pass the Willdebeast truck test. I'm thinking I'll laminate it with red oak and cherry, it's gonna be sweet! Thanks Scoobs!

12. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Can someone give me the link of the thread where the video was from dolo or his pics whatever

J

13. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J