Old Gas Mask bands

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by bobans26, May 7, 2013.

1. bobans26

bobans26 Junior Member

Hello

My name is Bogdan, and I am from Romania. I just started on a slingshot that is made from plum tree wood. I want to equip it with bands from an old gas mask. I have owned gas mask rubber slingshots in the past( when I was 12 years old), and they are very powerfull.

Has anybody owned a slingshot like that, and can you tell me if you measured the speed of the ball?

2. bobans26

bobans26 Junior Member

Hello once again,

I decided to use some chinese exercise band, and to wrap the handle in 10meters of alpinism cable.

Attached Files:

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Nice job! The plum wood has a beautiful natural pattern, good choice!

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Nice natural. It looks strong with good grip.

Are gas mask bands a cheap surplus item? I wonder what they are composed of--gum rubber?

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

6. bobans26

bobans26 Junior Member

The gums on my slingshot are not from a gas mask.
    Gas mask bands I wanted to use, were from the 80s, and they were very strong.

7. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

I read the part that they were china therapy bands, sorry if my post was unclear.

Now I have this mental image of military guys running around with equipment trimmed in a nice shade of pink:p

Hope your search is successful.

8. bobans26

bobans26 Junior Member

lol

9. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi Bogdan,
    I never used gasmask rubbers but i tried the one from my swimming goggles and it was pretty effective. I can' t tell you about the speed and power but i can tell, shootin' from 10m with marbbles at a soda can was enough power to destroy it after 5 to 10 shots.