ok I have a question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by greenevegiebeast, Aug 29, 2013.

1. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Is it just me or is Bear Gryllis a pansy. Wanna be ranger/green baret/seal.

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

quite seriously, its just you. bear is a bad mofo and very entertaining to boot. take half the punishment the dude has taken then ask that same ridiculous question again. btw, he's brittish so it'd be sas which are very much elite.

3. greenevegiebeast

Ok, but mozt of the real people I'm know . Dont have to brag. They just do it........

4. AttilaTheFun

AttilaTheFun New Member

Well it's not just you. (WARNING: great deal of hate incoming! It's really just my opinion, I'm no one to judge if something is right or wrong but this is just forming an opinion) When the show started, i LOVED the idea and started to watch it excited... my opinion changed fast.

I deeply despise him for all he is doing is making a "Look people how extreme i am!" show. He kills and eats every living thing he finds, making it look like his life is on stake. No its not. If he wants to SHOW how to survive, he shouldn't kill everything, he souldn1t drink his own piss and he shouldn't give himself an enema! It would be perfect to tell what you can eat and what not, if you find yourself in the wilderness. If he want's to make it real, then... He should leave the crew behind, leave the maps and the technical stuff behind, bind his eyes, let the crew take him some unknown place and film himself while he fights for his life for real alone. Other ways its just acting.

Again it is just my opinion, no one should be offended by it. Im not Chief scout, nor SAS Badass or anything like that, i just find it disappointing how this show is more like a circus than a documentary.

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

im left wondering if either of you have read the part at both the beginning,end, as well as after every commercial that says bear is intentionally put into dangerous situations as to show what to do to increase chances for survival. it actually states that its not a documentary, besides its asinine to think that a person would do as you said and bind your eyes and drop you in the middle of nowhere. johnny Knoxville wouldn't even do something that stupid for jackass. did you think wrestling was real too? it sounds like those who cant hating those who can, small mindedness. I don't think bear would ever go posting diatribes of hate about you. that is my last on the subject, now to watch this nonsense fade to nothing.

6. AttilaTheFun

AttilaTheFun New Member

Even if it is your last on this subject, i still have the right to defend myself since I've been called smallminded for forming an opinion.

Well, i can speak only for myself but yes, i've read that part a few times (i never form an opinion without knowing what i'm forming it of) as i have seen some episodes.

No i do not think wrestling is real. How did you even get that notion? (unless you're assuming I'm dumb for having an opinion that differs from yours). And again: If you call someone small minded because he doesn't like someone who kills turtles, snakes, alligators to show he COULD eat them instead of simply telling it. Then I'm happy to be small minded.

Of course Bear wouldn't do anything like that. I don't have a show to be judged about. If i'd have one, he might. You can not know that unless you're him.

But anyways I've never seen him using a slingshot so... lets just have this post sink.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

small minded because you agreed with the guy who made this thread and asked is bear a pansy. last I checked pansy is used as a homophobic slur which is small minded, that's all. I don't know you well enough to form an opinion about your intelligence, but you did personally insult a guy you don't know whilst behind a veil of anonymity. I'm not sure about how "informed" your opinion is as I've seen every episode and am fairly sure the alligator was killed on dual survival(feel free to correct me if i'm wrong). The whole point is you came off trollish and petulant, no insult just saying my perception. you and the other failed to see the true spirit of this forum is that of brother/sister(ruthie)hood. sorry if I hurt your feelings by defending one who isn't here to defend himself. seriously next time try using the review post button and look at what you wrote, sometimes you may not like what you see. have a good weekend sir, and indeed let's have this sink.

8. greenevegiebeast

Ok I made th is thread on porpoise. I do nit like bear gryllis... I think he is a show boating wanna be. I have hade some survival training. You know the type where they take you blind folded after dark to the middle of nowhere with only your clothes on your back and what ever is in your pockets. They may or may not come get you. Some times they expect you to find your way back to camp.

I have a little experance, he bear gryllis. Scares me. He is filling tubs of mush with the idea that after watching his show they are prepared for survival..........

9. greenevegiebeast

You did hurt my feelings. I was not insulting his sexual prefrance.I was insulting his use and abuse of the media. And his claim to be a survivalist.

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

noting here about media abuse...back peddling cause I called out your bigoted remark. please try to be more polite, that's what makes this forum better than others. I was quite offended by the nature of the post and the poorly chosen words. I wish you a good weekend sir and am still waiting for all to let this go by the wayside.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I am no fan of Bear, but I do not doubt his abilities. I like Les Straud a lot better, at least he was alone without a film crew on his show.

That being said, Bear does know what he is doing.

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I like les too but he has a rescue team less than 1/4 of a mile away at all times, discovery needs to protect their investment. did you see the episode les tried beetlenut? so funny, he got f'ed up big time. the one who irritates me is myke from man woman wild(my wife loved it), comes off misogynistic the way he treats his wife. that said even myke has brought good info to the show.

13. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Man, none of those guys know about survival. My survival show would be much better.
    Go out to the woods, carrying nothing at all. Except several dozen assorted beers, packages of hot dogs, fishing rods, toilet paper and a sleeping bag. Oh, and a large caliber pistol, an axe and a knife. I'll even show how to start a fire using nothing but a lighter and some charcoal fluid! That would be survival! I mean, why go out there and be miserable??:D:D

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

bear is a pus** because he makes crappy s'mores:rolleyes:. he should pull a travel trailer deep into the woods strapped to his back and live happily ever after- that would be more realistic.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  15. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I don't even know about who are you talking.....:confused:

16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

bv, the thread was about bear grylls from man vs wild. the originator was speaking hatefully about him and another joined in the hate parade, personally insulting him. so basically our esteemed colleague will and myself highjacked the thread. heat's pounding down, load it up and truck it!(smokey and the bandit theme song);).

17. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I can help with a joke!
    Three very old guys were talking about the problems of the age....
    "I just can't poop! Wait 4 or 5 days, nothing! Then, while I sleep......it goes all to the bed"

"I can't pee! Only a few drops after a long waiting......and I pee my bed at night!"

The third....older......laughing said!
    "I don't have these problems! My system is like a clock! 6 o'clock I poop. 7o'clock I pee! 8 o'clock......I wake."

18. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Nice! that joke will be funny till i'm the oldest guy;).

20. greenevegiebeast

That's not survival. .... that a normal camp out.