Oh my... I seem to be banished...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OldSpook, Oct 23, 2013.

1. OldSpook

OldSpook Banned

I was an honored member of a forum "which may not be named" until I challenged the "monitors" of that forum. I seem to be banned at the moment. I think it is what it is. We might call it, "Henry's Place" rather than what it calls itself.

It is what is is, I do hope they provide me with an option to discontinue my vendor support and I do wish this forum allowed me to offer the same.

Yeah, so I am deleting the link in my browser to the idiots forum. I just, um... I must say, I just have no respect for men who write rules, assign men to enforce those rules and then let those men IGNORE those rules... There is something about that that I sincerely hope ensures the end of their game.

Enough said. I have some very nice spalted maple... 300 years old...

Point is these people are offended because (go to the top of the thread) someone decided to try to patent something. Now the moderators are offended, so they are banning people who believe that they are violating their own TERMS OF SERVICE. They are blocking posts of people who believe they are violating their own site rules. Worse they are banning VENDOR members who are PAYING them for the right to have an opinion.... Think about that. Think about that.

They are BLOCKING a VENDOR member because he disagrees with their moderators, moderators who were not elected, who have absolutely no right to be in their positions, except that they were selected by other moderators.

You know, I don't really believe I would accept that job. I am not that stupid. Sure you can kiss my ass if you want, but REALLY? I mean REALLY? I'm supposed to be beholding to you because you chose me? Sounds a ****load lot like ROYALTY to me ...

So yeah, that forum, yeah that forum... that **** is for England in 1750... I got it, you are a moderator in a frickin forum that is RULED by the priviledged...

MAY I SAY THANK YOU FOR BANNING ME?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

Very sad to hear that another good member experience this.
    I don't understand what's wrong over there???

3. OldSpook

OldSpook Banned

Anyone who feels like linking that post to that forum be FOREWARNED... Their rules will result in a deletion of your post at best, at worst you can be banned.... We need to understand what we are dealing with here lads. Don't link things thinking you will be allowed to do it.

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

That is pretty much why (or something similar) Joerg founded this forum I believe. That's why his one rule seems to be, "Be Nice." Personally, I am glad to see you here and welcome! DayHiker signed on but I haven't seen much of him either here or there lately. You're gonna like it here.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Sorry to hear that OldSpook. You certainly wouldn't be the first I've come across on this forum who received poor treatment over there. In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of both forums. But with that in mind, I have posted hundreds of times here and barely more than 50 there. I've found it to be a good resource for ideas at times, and occasionally vendors.

But this forum has been very different. I've met some very kind, generous and just plain nice folks on this forum. They are helpful, encouraging and just fun to talk with. There are folks here that are looking to sell from time to time, but it's not really a vendor's forum. It's a forum for folks that love slingshots and enjoy talking with others who do as well.

I can understand your anger, as I'm sure at least some of the folks here can that have experienced similar treatment. But once you get a chance to look around here, I think you'll be pleased with the general tone of this forum. Yes, there can be some strong opinions, but by and large, the folks here choose to keep things in check among themselves.

So, with that, welcome to the forum.

6. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Hey OldSpook! Come join the Christmas Global Slingshot trade why don't ya!

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Welcome aboard!

Hey OldSpook,

welcome aboard!- I´m pretty much looking forward what
    you are going to be posting.

Greetings,

Be

8. Hrawk

Hrawk Hedonistic Decedance

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story hey.

You were never banned and you are not currently banned.

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Welcome here!

This forum has only one rule - politeness - and only one moderator (that would be me). This policy makes it largely uncensored.

Vendors are welcome and can promote their products here in any way they like, at no charge.

As for this patent discussion, Jim Harris has a right to try and get one, and others have the right to fight against it. That is the law.

Do I think filing the patent and approaching others was wise?

No. Not much to gain (small market, high patent costs), but a lot to loose (easy to chase away the few hardcore collectors/shooters that are willing to pay 250$ for a slingshot).

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Ah. This seems to bring in new members in unexpected ways. Care to reveal your identity, for the benefit of truth? Otherwise your statement seems a bit awkward.

11. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

Are you Henry?

12. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

EDIT: Deleted. Wrong guess.

13. Hrawk

Wow man,

Do you make a habit out of sharing the confidential information that people supply when joining your site ?

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

My wild guess (which turned out to be true, right?) was based on public info and your behaviour on the web, also public.

I won't reveal all of my tricks, but it was clear that you are a mod on the SSF. Otherwise you would not have said "never been banned". A normal user won't likely know this.

Then, I checked the time when your post was done. I checked the time zones of the SSF mods. Most SSF mods are US/America based. At 7:15 AM Berlin time, it was in the dead of the night there. Not likely.

Your name and location have been published (by yourself) on that forum you choose to moderate. You live in Western Australia. 9 hours difference. You posted in the early afternoon. Makes sense. No other mod from that part of the world.

Just so you know, you did not leave any "confidential information" here that would have helped me figuring out your true identity.

You came here to protect the interests of that forum you moderate, but you sneakily did so in disguise. There was NO reason not to show who you are. That says volumes about you and the group you represent. Have fun discussing all this in the "mods only" part of your beloved SSF. I am sure it sees much traffic already, judged by the amount of censoring you do.

15. Hrawk

Hate to burst your bubble here cupcake, but it's not All Buns Glazing (Sam).

I see what you did though. You thought you were being clever, you looked up the IP address of my registration, seen it was Australian and blamed the first person you thought of. A novice mistake that can be forgiven.

Now had you done it properly and compared that IP to your list of already registered members, or did an email comparison, you would quickly realize that both belonged to an already registered member. A member who would have logged in as his original user name except for the fact that my registered email address was no longer recognized after your hosting transition. Bad database admin, bad.

I'm not trying to hide at all, it's Hrawk. You know me, so do most people in the community.

I'm not here to defend the SSF at all. ****, when was the last time I did something constructive over there anyway ?

What I am here for is to have a good laugh at Mr Honor and Integrity himself, the OP of this thread, for coming here and presenting a false truth and trying to rally supporters to his cause. As I have already said, he has never been banned and is not currently banned.

16. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, this only proves that I did NOT use confidential information for my guess.

Hrawk, why did you not post this under your real name? I fail to understand.

17. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Because he's a Princess!

18. Hrawk

I tried to.

It's been so long since I've logged on here I had no clue what my password was. I tried to do the password recovery however it did not recognize any of the three email addresses I have been using for the last 10 or so years. Recovery fail.

I then remembered reading something about some issues you had during the transition, figured my issue was related to that, gave up and quickly created a new user.

19. Hrawk

Too right!

How are you Thistle my little spunkbubble ?

20. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

I'm still here Princess. And you just cannot restrain yourself. You just got here and already insulting the Forum Founder and Leader.

[ame]http://youtu.be/MHSIeAVpFno[/ame]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013