Oak hammerhead

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by stej, May 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. stej

stej New Member

Hi guys,
    I present you my latest slingshot, hammerhead. I don't shoot hammerheads anymore, but this one was waiting some months to finish so I decided to give him life.
    It took quite some time to have it silky smooth, but I think it payed off. During my work the slingshot was waiting for me in my office. When any of my colleagues came in and started discussing some work related stuff, he picked the slingshot and just played with it during the discussion. Quite funny. Even my boss didn't complain about slingshots on my desk
    It's oak I harvested during November. Then it was drying naturally.
    I won't probably shoot it, it will remain in my office for any guests comming in.. Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Wow, looks really cool with the kind of bent fork... looks very natural! Is the endcap Ebony?

3. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

very cool the slingshot andthe bracelet you wear that if I'm not mistaken is paracord
    Today I have received the paracord that I buy and I'm going to do one of these

4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

it's an eyecatcher! too bad, that it won't be used. :( so the destiny of this slingshot is missionary work to proselytize to slingshotism? :D

5. stej

stej New Member

Thanks guys!

The end cap is some black oak, a friend of my colleague gave me a little piece (very little, maybe for one more end cap). He said that it's quite hard to get this wood, so I'm happy even for this little one.

Looks so, hehe :D Maybe I will change my mind and try it, but it's highest goal on this world for now is just catching sun and attracting others to slingshotism :)

Thanks, I like the paracord stuff and plan to buy this book: http://www.amazon.com/Paracord-Fusi...TF8&colid=27BHTPBI4G10I&coliid=I2NIL91QP28I1R The author is also quite active on youtube, check his videos :)

6. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Another excellent job, Stej. Beautiful shape and finish!
    Lots of people want a nice hammerhead in their collection. Hard to resist. [​IMG] Perhaps a mutual exchange with one of your favorite slingshot makers will present an opportunity at some future date.

7. stej

stej New Member

Thanks, Thistle, your comments are always so nice :) I'm sure I wont trade it. This one will stay with me..

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Nice!

Why don't you shoot hammerheads anymore?

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

10. kenyon-slingshots

kenyon-slingshots New Member

WoW looks tables can u make a tutorial for beginners like me

11. stej

stej New Member

This is possible, of course. But as I build quite slowly (not enough time), expect it during summer. :) Or just search the web, my tutorial would be just a drop in a sea..

12. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

wow cool SS i like the grain realy a lot

13. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Beautiful work on that one. Like Joerg i wonder why you don' t shoot them anymore??

14. Theodor

Theodor New Member

beautiful curves, and the finish really highlights the natural material