NOW WITH VIDEO: Slingshot Minigun goes big!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, Oct 23, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

My minigun was quite a success, people loved the shooting speed and accuracy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKrHnYexBic[/ame]

Almost a million views! I have to pick up that line of work again.

I had already once attempted to do a larger one (the toilet brush revolver), but had to give up on full auto due to the stability issues of the brushes during the rotation.

Back to the drawing board.

Now I made a five-shot fully encapsulated version, chambered for 30mm wooden rods. That is nice as it is easy to attach all kinds of tips, including The Spirit from SOG (they kindly gave me some of them).

http://www.sogknives.com/spirit-knife.html

I have by now finished the drum, including the "fork", and also build one fully functional "barrel". It shoots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Essentially, this is a five-shot-full-auto version of "Shaka's Wet Dream", another successful invention.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ZBVK6UXYU[/ame]

Due to the length (230cm total) and weight (I am sure it will weigh over 30kg when it is finished), this will be turret mounted. I haven't decided if I will turn the action with a drill, or - in light of the Zombie Wars project - go for a hand crank.

This will be so much fun!

2. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wow, that is rather a MAXIgun. I'm looking forward to the result. Maybe you can use a windshield wiper motor for the action. With the gear it should be able to rotate the drum with a decent speed...

3. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

I do not understand it. Yet, but I like it. And definitely go for drill action, but you may need a bigger drill.

4. Cadman

Cadman New Member

I am starting to think that you are trying to compensate for something else! :D
    Regards,
    Brian

PS.. did i think that outloud? :Dmybad!:D

5. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

This is going to be TOTALLY BAD-ASS!

6. Pete

Pete New Member

This is going to be fricking EPIC!!

7. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

8. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

Madness i say :d

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Progress.

Built the frame, and also the "automatic" trigger (that fires the topmost barrel when the crank is turned).

Everything's working fine... now I have to make four more barrel/trigger setups. If all goes well, there might be a first video on the weekend!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, my new TBG shipment just came in... another 45 meters. Last batch lasted about 15 months!

[​IMG]

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Here is a pic of the bolts I use... made from a 30mm wooden rod and a "Spirit" from SOG.

354 gramms, very much front heavy.

Attached Files:

11. xXdoomXx

12. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

That is just awesome!

13. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Wow....this seems like a lot of work!

14. LW

LW New Member

I love this one… :) this looks like it has to be mounted on a truck, to carry away…and with this TBG on the photo you could equip the entire German “Bundeswehr” with some effective weapons :D

15. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

It is. One of the huge advantages of quitting my day job is that I now have the time for projects I ALWAYS wanted to do!

Just finished the second barrel... seems like four hours per. This means twelve more hours and it will be finished.

16. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Zarquon, that thing is epic! :eek:

Do you make enough money for a living now with the SSC? That's cool :)

17. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well... let me say that I probably make more money than average, for artists that are still alive :)

Seriously, I still have a part time position in a consulting firm, and my wife makes good money too (now that she is through med school and is a doctor in a hospital). I also made some investments earlier in my life, and there is some money from those. All in all, we have an OK income.

This is one of the most complex launchers I have ever made - but in the end, it WILL be epic.

Have finished three of the five barrels by now.

18. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

This looks like it will pack a serious punch!
    Won´t the turning action influence the flight of the rods in a bad way?
    I think it has to be turned slowly?

19. xXdoomXx

There is one you tuber if you have 15 million subs + after one year you don't need to work for the rest if your life 2.1 milion euros

And he is called piewdipie and he's kinda crazy but it is very funny but you are actually not aloud to talk with other you tubers about how much you get from your contract.....

Can't wait for this think to be finished

J

20. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I think that this is a myth. I haven't signed anything that prevents me from publishing my YouTube income.

Maybe some of these guys evade taxes (not hard, google sends the money from abroad) and don't want to talk about. I do pay my taxes, though...