Now Stocking Dankung Tube and Looped Tube assemlies

Discussion in 'Sponsor Marketplace' started by SimpleShot, Nov 21, 2013.

1. SimpleShot

SimpleShot Everything Slingshots!

We have had lots of requests for Dankung tubing and looped tube assemblies... here you go! We make these in house and use our premium top grain leather pouches for the bandset assemblies.

Looped Tube Bandset Assemblies- offered in 1745, 1842, and 2040 in three different lengths for various draw length's and applications

Dankung Tubing- offered in 1745, 1842, 2040 and 3060- available in one foot (1') increments

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I think this is very fitting.

Attached Files:

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I'm really surprised more people didn't jump on this thread. I am glad I can order Dankung bands from Nathan and SimpleShot. He continues to listen to the slingshot community and give us what we want in one convenient site.

4. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

I'd have jumped on it earlier, if I'd seen it. :D I just noticed this thread, and I agree. I've just been using Kent Elastomer 3/16" tubing from ebay on my Dankungs, and I've been wanting to try out some different sizes (the Kent is good quality, but thin walled and not the fastest, especially for heavier ammo). :cool:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

As for me, I haven't been a tube shooter. But, I got a sample of some Dankung tubing from Dolomite, and once I band up a slingshot, I may just find myself ordering some from Nathan myself. Much easier than ordering it from overseas.

6. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

I won't post prices, since SimpleShot didn't post them, but their by-the-foot pricing is very competitive, pretty much what I pay for the Kent stuff at ebay. Good show, you guys. I'm really stoked about this now. :cool:

7. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have been wanting to try some 2040s . Order placed.
    This needs to be placed somewhere more visible. I suggest.

8. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

2040 are great!! But the down side is Nathan doesn't sell whole chunks of leather. I wish I can buy in bulk of leather or kangaroo leather. If you have suggestion or links send me some the leather I recently ordered was way to stretchy

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

You can use regular shoe goo to laminate the leather that you have, which helps a lot.

10. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Comparison of tubes

So the top line is better for small ammo and the bottom line is better for big ammo based on the ring area? Small ammo won't go any faster low down the list but there is a waste of unutilised contraction?

Question is if each is used looped only is there an optimum range of steel sizes for each one? It must be a range because wherever I look there's only a rough consensus. My main interest is what are the ideal weight/steel diameter for 2050 and 1745?

Attached Files:

11. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

No idea Jim, but I have to admit I'm interested in the 20-50's.

Be nice if that chart had one more column for ideal ammo weight eh?

12. SimpleShot

SimpleShot Everything Slingshots!

We got the leather in stock and will have it available soon in 4" wide x 12" long sections.

13. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

@Ghosth

I'll see if I can gather together the recommended ammo references.

14. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Ultimately it would be nice to have a graph, so anyone new coming in could see at a glance that if he wanted to shoot 8mm steel his best choice for rubber would be x and Y.

15. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Once it is available for sale I will be sure to buy

16. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

This has been more difficult than I thought

I wish I'd saved them as I came across them. If anyone finds a reference to ammo balanced against band set maybe they could be posted on a separate thread. It could get unwieldy as I had no idea there were so many variations

I now understand jn's post. And some working combinations might not be very good in practice. Hmmm...

17. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Keep in mind different setups give different results. I remember that Nathan had some ammo to band set combos which worked out well for him but not for me in my setup. You have to test your self because, lets say 2040 looped does well for 3/8 inch. But I use 6" while someone else uses 8" of 2040 and works well for 1/2" ammo Other people use 8" for shooting 5/16"

It all depends on how long the bands are and the temperature when you are shooting. As Joerg said in his science video rubber releases power in the form of heat to kinetic energy.

18. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Exctiting! I hope to be able to buy some soon!