No slingies for me for a few days

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I must have tweaked my right shoulder this weekend because it sure as hell huts today.

I guess my can destruction yesterday (it took a lot more shots than I originally thought, stubborn cans) and whatever I did this weekend did a number on my shoulder. I've already had surgery on it once, don't want to do that again.

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's no fun. I hate those kinds of injuries. Could you at least use your BB shooter so you don't have to give it up altogether? Heck, you could even shoot that one sitting down without lifting your arms much :)

3. Jeremy

I may try my BB shooter, I want to shoot as much as possible since I will be in Texas next week and won't be able to bring my BB shooter with me, not checking a bag for the flight.

4. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

You could still bring your BB shooter provided there's no metal in it and buy bbs in texas

5. Jeremy

I won't have a car, my Co-worker is renting it. I may also not have much down time. :(

6. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Most important is to not mess up your shoulder..

My elbow is fine again.. NOW, after 14 weeks..

Take care, my friend!

Be

7. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I hope you feel better soon. I have been having neck pain for many years due to a car wreck, so I know how it can act up sometimes. better to let it have a rest if you can.

8. Jeremy

I'm glad to hear your elbow is finally fine Be, 14 weeks is a long time.
    Good advice Buck, I think I'll give it a week and a half off while I'm out of town.

9. Jeremy

I shot my BB shooter a little bit today without much pain. I do think I will take a small break so I don't injure my shoulder more. The last thing I want is to have another surgery and be unable to shoot for months.

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I've never suffered from a shoulder or elbow injury, but I did have carpal tunnel in both hands about 10 years ago, and it was pretty bad. I can remember the intense numbness I would get at night and the shooting pain all the way through my back when it was at it's worst. There were nights I hardly slept for months. Chiropractic care did no good, braces did no good, PT did no good. Finally a neurologist diagnosed the problem. I had to have surgery on each hand, with about a 5-6 week recovery on each one. It kind of ended my career in the field, but led me into a new position that I've held since and really enjoy. I do fear that someday it could come back - I was warned by my surgeon that it could some day. I really hope to never go through that again, though I do get pain in my wrists from time to time if I do too much gripping work with my hands - that includes building slingshots.

11. Jeremy

Between my shoulder and back surgeries I've missed a total of 10 months of work. I can honestly say I don't want to go through that again.

12. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Dang, that's a lot of missed work for surgeries. Hopefully you're done with all that.

13. Jeremy

I sure hope so too. The only reason I missed so much work is because the companies I worked for at the time (two separate companies) did not offer any form of light duty. I had to be back at 100%. Makes sense since was pushing medication dispensing machines that weighed several hundred pounds around hospitals.