next knife, hamon and removable scales

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Tysonspapa, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

another knife made from filesteel, acid etched to bring out the hamon, removable scales and a paracord lanyard.

Attached Files:

2. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Another gorgeous knife!

What kind of acid do you use for that etching?

3. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Stop it man your killing me with this knives. They are like crack to me. I think I have a problem, I think I'm a knifeaholic. Great job again. Enough of my babbling I need to go make a knife.

4. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

ferric chloride.

5. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

That's about a perfect finish. Reminds me of beadblasting or Parkerizing.

Of course neither of those would reveal the hamon though.

6. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

yes i polished it before etching it, after i cleaned it with scrubbing milk.

7. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

You are an amazing knife maker

8. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Very professional! Nice, nice relationship between all the materials, colors and textures. Complete, coordinated an cool!

9. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

Since I joined this forum about a month ago, I have started looking for forks everywhere I go....started making paracord stuff....in the process of making a Rambone and 2 natural forks and now it looks like I am going to have to learn how to makes knives. This forum has infected me with the go make something bug:D Great job on the knife!

10. LW

LW New Member

Now we have a problem TP, I like the blade from this one, but the toxic green removable scales on the file knife looks much better for me. Maybe we can cut them both and then we weld them back together…:D

As you may know, some people can recognize by looking at the “Hamon” the blacksmith and master, for example on Japanese swords. I'm curious if we'll see it in your next creations …;)

Now seriously, both of them are eye candy. For me a smooth blade is easier to keep clean. And as we have to pay attention to “42a” here in Germany, I don’t like to see that my custom knife is taken away from some “blue” people… (I think you understand my concern)

Your knifes getting better and better. I was afraid that you stopped working on knifes!

11. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

lol, no i didnt. and the scales are removable, so they can be exchanged. i also made shorter knives, friction folders etc. but my love is still for the huge blades.

12. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great work tp! i really like the fact that you can exchange the handle, though this one looks great on the blade so no need to do so ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

13. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Hey T.P. I had a question for you. What do you quench your blades in after heat them?