Newbie from Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Beest921, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Beest921

Beest921 Junior Member

Greetings everyone! Let me start by saying that I'm a 49 year old male and I haven't messed with a slingshot since I was about 15. I was surfing YouTube a few months back and happened across some videos by Jeorg. I was HOOKED! I went out and bought a Barnett slingshot and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it! I was bummed. Then I decided to build Jeorg's "3 Pillars of Death" slingshot, (I think it's called that). I changed 3 things on it. I welded the outside uprights to the box tube, made the grip handle shorter by 1/4", and I used Theraband gold instead of black. Now I was in a gasoline explosion when I was 12 and I have mobility issues with my arms due to skin grafts, so it's easier for me to shoot the homemade slingshot sideways. The first time I took it out, I grabbed some rocks and a can and went in the back yard. I drew back and "BAM!", I nailed the can! I kept pushing it around the yard and destroying it in the process! I got 6 outa 10 at 30 feet with about 3/4" rocks. Now I'm really hooked! I'm hoping to learn alot and get better at this. I'm making another one right now that'll fit my hand due to my condition. I'm open to any ideas, suggestions, input, etc. Happy to be here, a lot of talented knowledgeable people here!

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Welcome to the crew!

-Wild Bill

3. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Ask any questions that you like. Someone here is bound to know or we will brain it out together.
    Welcome!

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum Beest, good to have you here.

6. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Welcome man, usually in my opinion if Walmart sells a slingshot(the Barnett you mentioned) it's junk, plus making them just gives you a feel of pride and can be made the way u want, and where's the fun of just buying a slingshot ;) and why don't u try this

Attached Files:

7. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Welcome Beest! Sounds like your well on your way to the full blown addiction we all love! ENJOY! Some pics of your creation would be great so don't be shy!

8. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

9. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Welcome aboard!

congratulations!- You´re slingbugged :)
    - a pretty global occurrence, I know what
    you mean! -

So: welcome, you found the right place!

Greetings,

Be

10. Beest921

Beest921 Junior Member

Thank you everyone for the responses! I've had time to explore the forum and found a wealth of information and some pretty cool slingshots as well! A lot of knowledgeable and talented individuals here!