New section idea: other weapons.

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by ultimatelizardman, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I think it would be nice to have a place on this forum (which would be organised unlike "off topic" and "various other stuff") where we can discuss, show-off and share ideas on weapons not related to slingshots, including those made and tested by Joerg.<br><br>The section could be divided into three tabs:<br><br>- other weapon discussion.<br>- other weapon project ideas.<br>- show 'em off!

2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I think that one of the good things about this forum is that it do not have too many sections. I mean, no matter if you are looking for a homemade sword, a trebuchet or a crossbow you can most likely find it in the OT-section. And people here on the forum do not post that many OT-weapons.<br><br>Just my two cents.

3. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Personally, if it is not presumptious for a newcomer to the forum, I would love to see a subgroup dedicated to slingbows and slingbow shooting. There are so many ways in which this diverges from ordinary slingshot design and shooting. I would love to be able to discuss arrow related issues without worrying that I was boring those who are not into slingbows

Attached Files:

• nuSB.jpg
      nuSB.jpg
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
  4. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

Let me speak with Joerg.

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Oh that would be wonderful....thank you :)

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I hink that weapons that are not powered by rubber would escape the whole idea of this "slingshot channel" forum.

7. Adrinalino

Adrinalino New Member

I think it's a good idea.
    What the most of us do is shooting steel/glass balls on small targets. Yes most of us do this with rubber but what about crossbows that shoot steel balls? I am thinking of modifying one to do so. Could be cool. Would it disturb you if I'd put a topic about this weapon?

Cheers,

Adrian.

8. Let's not forget that Joerg himself occasionally featured other weapons (such as katanas, spears and blank guns) in his videos.

9. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

Two of which he launched out of massive slingshots. I am secretly hoping he will shoot a blank gun out of a slingshot for us.

10. True, but he did test katanas, knives, crossbows, blank guns and other weapons individually (most notably in "8 unrestricted weapons vs ballistic gelatine", "body armor vs practical weapons" and "invisible weapons vs ballistic gelatine)

That sounds like it would make a fun video :D

11. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

I concede. You are right. Most of those as i recall were blades, which are already a catagory.

12. True, but they did not possess their own category back when i started this thread (on the old forum).

My two cents: i believe that the "blades" section could easily be renamed to "other weapons"; creating a section dedicated to all kinds of "off-topic weapons" (such as knives, swords, clubs, firearms, less-lethal weapons, slings, bows, crossbows, blank guns, etc...) without too much hassle.

13. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Well, as long as it stays on the "primitive" weapons concept (and By primitive I mean...no firearms, no tasers, no pepperspray, no flamethrowers....swords, maces, clubs, axes and other stuff) I think that would be okay....

14. Firearms, air guns, blank guns and less-lethal weapons are all fascinating; worthy of a dedicated section where they can be discussed.

Therefore i must respectfully disagree, as your suggestion would arbitrarily exclude many interesting weapons from the section.

Also, what about Joerg's "self-defense slingshot"? would it be classed as "a slingshot, "primitive" or "modern"?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  15. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

The point of this forum is slingshots and other rubber based weapons. This was for people to talk about Jörg's videos and the consepts within where he could keep an eye on the comments. I think that even the seperate bladed weapons catagory is pushing it. The only reason i have a thread in that catagory is because it is rubber powered. Like it was said earlier in this thread, there is already an "off topic" catagory. That should really suffice, shouldn't it?

You and I clearly have different oppinions. We can argue this more if you want, but I am happy to let this be a difference of oppinions, and keep it that way.

16. I partially agree, which is why i believe that the best solution is to change the "bladed weapons" category into an "other weapons" category.

I would prefer "off-topic" (other weapons) to be separate from "way off-topic" ("what's your favorite food?", "do you have any pets?", etc...).

But i guess that in the end it's just a matter of personal preference.

17. Odins_Zornn

Odins_Zornn Noob

Eccelent examples of off topic! Perhaps there should be a rename of bladed weapons.

18. I'm very sorry for this borderline impertinent bump, but i would love to receive an official answer to this proposal. :eek: .

19. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

We barely get any posts about "other weapons" as it is.

20. That's why i suggested to simply rename the "bladed weapons" category into "other weapons".