New one based on Rambone forks

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by jrcast, Dec 23, 2013.

1. jrcast

jrcast New Member

Hi all,
    I've only just gotten back into making slingshots, the last ones were when I was a kid and they were a tree fork and a car tyre inner tube, not very good.
    I made this one using 19mm plywood and car body filler to shape it, it's very strong stuff.
    I made it with the thumb hole as I put my hand through a table saw when I was younger right between the thumb and forefinger and if I hold a standard slingshot too long it starts to ache there. This one rests entirely against my thumb not between it and my finger.
    What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jrcast

jrcast New Member

And just in case anyone thinks this guy is an idiot using bodyfiller to make a slingshot :)
    I used it as a pattern to cast it in bronze in my small foundry:D
    Using twin gold Therabands and shooting butterfly style, it's got some serious power. I love it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

3. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

4. LW

LW New Member

Although I see no Rambone in this one, but a damn nice standalone Slingshot.

Very good work, I love Bronze!

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice sling!!! No Rambone!

6. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

Realy cool one nice design and great work!

7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Saw the one in filler and thought 'Yeah, thats cool. Would look good painted' Then the bronze one made an appearance! Looks fantastic! :) Very unique design

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

A beautiful piece of work. Really nice job on the bronze casting.

9. jrcast

jrcast New Member

Thanks all for the compliments. I didn't intend for it to be a version of the Rambone, It's just looking at the Rambone gave me the idea for this.
    I do intend making more as the bug seems to have bitten :)

10. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Yeah, body filler~what a knucklehead... So your taking orders and starting shipment when? :) Really nice piece and exceptional skill/equipment to have!

11. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Try adding a whisker biscuit to the hole and I may be able to get a slingbow out of it also