The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here. and I am having a question about customer service.
I tried to send a mod mail about this but was referred to make a public post so I am sorry if this is the wrong place and hopefully doesn't break any rules. I am a Comcast Business customer (even though I shouldn't be) so hopefully that's close enough.
Tech issue
I have a Motorola Arris Surfboard Sb6141 and I have been having issues since I was made to sign a new contract in December. I thought it was my router or AP but it seems to be the modem itself since it was provisioned last. Ethernet speed is great but wifi is Terrible and inconsistent (on the downstream). Lan traffic is working right so I know all equipment in front of the modem is solid. Apparently from other threads and advice I got, this could very well be a provisioning error. Can I get my modem reprovisioned? Is this modem still supported?
Customer Service
I was on a commercial agreement when I owned a small business for several year. My business had to shut down due to covid in December due to covid. I called to move my service to residential and was told I could not as my address was a business (it is a house). I was told I needed to sign a new agreement if I wanted faster internet (100/20mbit for 100 a month as I needed more upstream for remote work). I did so as I felt I had not choice. Fast-forward to beginning of July. I was solicitated for 1.2gb/35mbit internet and told they had unlimited internet if you rented a modem for an addition 20/month. I think it was total about 110 or 120/month. I told them I couldnt get it because of the address and was told I could. I needed to call Comcast business and be converted. So I did and they said they couldn't help but could put me in a new 2 year with faster 200/35 speeds for 110. If I didn't want to sign again I needed to call residential. So I went back and forth a bit till I gave up and just don't know what to do at this point.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hello, I am new here. and I am having a question about customer service.
I tried to send a mod mail about this but was referred to make a public post so I am sorry if this is the wrong place and hopefully doesn't break any rules. I am a Comcast Business customer (even though I shouldn't be) so hopefully that's close enough.
Tech issue
I have a Motorola Arris Surfboard Sb6141 and I have been having issues since I was made to sign a new contract in December. I thought it was my router or AP but it seems to be the modem itself since it was provisioned last. Ethernet speed is great but wifi is Terrible and inconsistent (on the downstream). Lan traffic is working right so I know all equipment in front of the modem is solid. Apparently from other threads and advice I got, this could very well be a provisioning error. Can I get my modem reprovisioned? Is this modem still supported?
Customer Service
I was on a commercial agreement when I owned a small business for several year. My business had to shut down due to covid in December due to covid. I called to move my service to residential and was told I could not as my address was a business (it is a house). I was told I needed to sign a new agreement if I wanted faster internet (100/20mbit for 100 a month as I needed more upstream for remote work). I did so as I felt I had not choice. Fast-forward to beginning of July. I was solicitated for 1.2gb/35mbit internet and told they had unlimited internet if you rented a modem for an addition 20/month. I think it was total about 110 or 120/month. I told them I couldnt get it because of the address and was told I could. I needed to call Comcast business and be converted. So I did and they said they couldn't help but could put me in a new 2 year with faster 200/35 speeds for 110. If I didn't want to sign again I needed to call residential. So I went back and forth a bit till I gave up and just don't know what to do at this point.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advanced.
no response from anyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts