New Gloveshot Design

Discussion in 'One of a kind' started by RamboX, Jun 27, 2013.

1. RamboX

RamboX New Member

Hi mates, here I am again with my new gloveshot design. Follow complete description:
    The body is made of very solid tube brushed outer and inner, factory heat-treated. The inner diameter of the tube is 25mm. Prongs (tops) of the fork are made of factory heat-treated; extremely solid bolts strength class of 12, 8. For comparison, an ordinary bolt has strength class of 4, 8. Diameter of the body of these bolts is 10mm. All metal parts are oxidized in factory conditions. Unique design! The tube can be disassembled as shown in the pictures and the cavity can be used as a small warehouse for spare bands and more. Also all the catapult can be folded and is extremely compact. The remaining details are made of industrial steel. Not tired hand when using. Unusually easy to hold even very heavy bands with this device. The height of the fork allows shooting full butterfly style. No impact of the bands on the fingers. Outstanding comfort and safety shooting. The bars can be changed very easily and quickly through the shackles which placed and removed bands as shown in the pictures. Ensures maximum accuracy and repeatability. Welds are performed by professional welder with Argon gas.
    Total weight of gloveshot with bands is approximately 500gr

The pouch is made of very strong cowhide and can be used with even a second pair of bands.

The bands are made in sizes recommended by Joerg Sprave, cut precisely and tied on a special mechanism that ensure equal stretching for tying, which is very important to provide the same volume and weight of the knots. The stripe for tying has fixed length and number of turns over bands. Shown in the images bands are extremely powerful and full capacity can be achieved by a physically strong person. To make a pair of TheraBand Blue and Black bands are spent 1 meter with 14 cm band width and 50 cm for TheraBand Gold. Shown below, these data are valid at draw length of 93cm:

Blue: 220 fps, 60 foot-pounds with 36gr ball
    Black: 207 fps, 53 foot-pounds with 36gr ball
    Gold: 178 fps, 39 foot-pounds with 36gr ball

Price: 50 euro plus one optional set of bands
    Price for bands: Gold 5 euro, Blue and Black 7 euro

Attached Files:

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Great job! Clever folding system! much more compact than a wodden one!
    congratulations!

4. Heavy Slingshot.

But where is the glove?

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

it is the glove

6. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

looks amazing. good job

7. Baller-Bub

Baller-Bub New Member

A very nice Design! I love it!
    I like unusual Stuff like this.
    Seems to be capable for really strong Bands.:cool:

8. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Nice design... I need to get a new welder before I atempt any thing like that.

9. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

10. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Wait a minute ...what are the lenghts of the diff color TBands???? I thought gold is the strongest color.

11. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Gold is fastest, not strongest. At least that is my understanding.

I'm running with some tube, and some gold's gym in green Heavy resistance which I find works great with heavy ammo, like 45 caliber lead balls which I happen to have a mold for. :)

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Couldn't be more wrong, gold is stronger not faster. At the same draw weight black is faster by a noticeable margin. Gold is better with heavy stuff.

13. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

i think blue is fastest? or black?

14. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

seems you can get a lot of power with this beauty

15. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Very nice!

Gold got the hardest draw. The thinner you get (Gold > Silver > Black > Blue > etc) the faster the bands retract. Still, if you attach a pouch to the bands and try to shoot something you will of course need more of the thinner bands to shoot a heavy projectile at the same speed as the gold-bands.